My install - Hardwire into a Honda CR-V

GWN21

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC and CPUSB01 Hard wire kit.
Bought the SG9665GC and the CPUSB01 Hard Wire kit.

Installed into a 2015 Honda CR-V

Removed the A-piller cover:
QwgqWmPh.jpg

Where it "goes down" into the dash...
RFFEA8Eh.jpg

Used this PDF file from College Hill Honda (Steps 8-11) to find out how to remove the A-Pillar:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/crv/2015/daynightmirror.pdf

This give you access from the Fusebox area on the Driver's side up to the ceiling header.

Removed the lower right "kick" panel:
HoWIwslh.jpg

You will need to also move the two 'white' plugs so you can get to the "grounding screw".
0JOrpaMh.jpg

Here's a pictures of the Fusebox and the Grounding Screw where the CPUSB01 "end" wires will need to plug into.
HltPqBQh.jpg

I used a Add-a-Fuse: ATM-Low Profile that I got off eBay.
AFY14lD.jpg

Here you can see it all wired into the Fusebox and connected to the "grounding" screw.

sjMzr6Fh.jpg

I originally used the Illumination Fuse #35, but that "turned" off after a few minutes during the day. Was "on" when I turn any of the light's "ON". I then moved it to the ACC Fuse #19, which is a switched "ON" fuse. I thought it was not going to fit with the Add-a-Fuse unit as it was near a "raised plastic" where I thought the Add-a-Fuse would not "fully" plug in. I gave it a try and it worked at that spot without any issues.

Wired it up the A-Pillar, avoiding the Curtain Airbag:
ppRpHT5h.jpg

Tucked the cable all into the upper ceiling header and a look at how the camera is mounted on the windshield:
XUMOFiph.jpg

And where the GPS and Camera are mounted:
CpfcVSYh.jpg

(GPS PCB Board is "flipped" so to mount it this way. Here's the here how video that Pier28 provided:
)

Over all I like the quality and the installation of the camera. I really like to thank Pier28 for their help as I received a "bad' CPUPS01 and they rush a new one out quickly.

Great Service and Support and a GREAT Dashcam!

GWN21
John

Last edited:
Looks good! Did you remember to flip the PCB upside down in the GPS? The GPS logo needs to face the sky by default unless it's opened up and antenna board flipped over. For best GPS signal performance it's better to have the antenna as far away as possible but as long as you have good results your method is OK for some.

Last edited:
Yes, I remembered to Flip the PCB Board in the GPS. I've updated the original post to include the How-To video.

Been lurking and reading the forums for some time. Just wanted to let people know that hard wiring is not that hard. Just go slow and research and ask questions if needed.

Last edited:
Any issues with GPS signal there? I have mine all the way to the passenger corner of the windshield.

Last edited by a moderator:
<bookmarked for future reference>
truly inspiring .... now if only I could find the same manual for my car.

Nice! Good to see a fellow Honda CR-V owner here. I opted for the Mini 0806, but I've heard nothing but good comments about the SG9665GC. :)

That's good to hear. I may move mine then, so its more hidden. I even cut out the center of the mounting pad, lol
classic, nothing like giving it more view of the sky there by cutting the tape.
I had some tourist van here a while back, they had their GPS mounted on the roof so it had clear view of the sky, they didn't put it in the window but on the roof and silicone it all up to make it waterproof, don't ask me why. it wasn't a dash cam but a gps for their boss knowing where they were.

Do those windshield dots cause any problems for the sticky pad staying on?

Do those windshield dots cause any problems for the sticky pad staying on?
not for me and had multiple cameras on the dots over the years.

Reactions: szh
Hi guys! Sorry for the very noob question as I'm new in this. But I just bought the SG9665GC / CPUSB01 and about to get Add-a-Fuse: ATM-Low Profile.

Am I supposed to wire the red wire from the CPUSB01 into the Add a Fuse (the blue section) and the black wire from the CPUSB01 will be "wired" to the grounded bolt like in OP's picture correct?

Thanks!

Hi guys! Sorry for the very noob question as I'm new in this. But I just bought the SG9665GC / CPUSB01 and about to get Add-a-Fuse: ATM-Low Profile.

Am I supposed to wire the red wire from the CPUSB01 into the Add a Fuse (the blue section) and the black wire from the CPUSB01 will be "wired" to the grounded bolt like in OP's picture correct?

Thanks!

That's correct
Not sure which product you have that is blue you're referring to, but since there is only one wire on the add-a-circuit/add-a-fuse I can safely assume.
(EDIT you must mean the crimp)

Back