My July 2016 accident

So I'm assuming she got a ticket for following too closely?

I showed the video to the police officer and the only thing he said to me was "she is getting a citation" and walked away. She was actually following at a good distance, just not paying attention to the road. My brake light was on for 5.2 seconds before impact. I was braking early and soft because I was able to see the trucks in front of me stopping for some reason. Being there are no stops on the road for quite a ways, she must have been comfortable looking at her phone and not the road.

I'll have nightmares now of filipinas driving camaros, in heels....

Haha love you guys picked up on the same i did, sure am glad i dont have to drive / walk in shoes like that.
On the other hand i do like the girls who give it a go.

Also inclined to think she was on the phone, if a boy had been driving and she came out the passenger door i would be inclined to think he was otherwise distracted ;) she did keep a safe distance just dident brake in time.

Not to knock ya, but one of my biggest pet peeves about accidents is the fact that people seem to think cops are stupid and cant figure out what happend. IDK about her car, but I suspect the car that was hit could still run and move. Folks, outside of an injury or the vehicle is incapacitated, please move your vehicles to the shoulder. Minor fender benders do not need to remain in the lane of travel. Its actually a law in many states to move the vehicles if no serious injuries.

you will be in a world of pain here if you just leave your car where it stopped if its in traffic, actually people have been known to stop and help push a car out of the way, even flipping them back on the wheels so it can get out of the way.
If its a little more complex that that, then its just about the only time you will see police at a accident scene. ( major blockage - major injury - suspicion of DUI )

Though mentioning DUI to the police i called did not work when my first car got creamed, though i was telling the truth and the driver was very drunk, so needless to say after that day my feeling for that side of the Danish system suffered a big blowback that it never recovered from.

Not to knock ya, but one of my biggest pet peeves about accidents is the fact that people seem to think cops are stupid and cant figure out what happend. IDK about her car, but I suspect the car that was hit could still run and move. Folks, outside of an injury or the vehicle is incapacitated, please move your vehicles to the shoulder. Minor fender benders do not need to remain in the lane of travel. Its actually a law in many states to move the vehicles if no serious injuries.
One of my pet peeves is many people assume too much. I have worked with, trained with, and have friends and family that are cops, some are are stupid. Yes it is law to move the vehicles from travel lanes on major highways if the vehicle is not incapacitated. But you are allowed to take documenting photos for the insurance companies before moving the vehicles if you are able to.

Back