My LS300W Review

RoadEye

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. First time poster. Thanks to Dash Cam Talk it helped me purchase an LS300W from FoxOffer.

First thing to say is that FoxOffer were very easy to deal with and my camera arrived in the UK within 8 days of ordering.

I purchased the 32GB memory card from FoxOffer as part of the package.

The camera arrived well packaged and in good condition.

I was pleasantly surprised with how small the camera is. It really is quite tiny and therefore fits nicely behind the rear view mirror.

There isn't really any configuration required, other than setting the time and date. The camera is intuitive to use, and if you have any problems you can refer to the handy fold-out instruction card which is written in both Chinese (presumably Mandarin?) and English.

I didn't have the battery or audio problems that some have mentioned on the forum. The microphone is very sensitive and the battery maintains its charge a decent period of time.
I also didn't experience any problems with the camera freezing, but I suspect that is because I am using a 'compatible' SD card.

The IR function doesn't actually look like IR to me. Just a regular white light on the front of the camera with an effective range of about 2m, so I keep that turned off. The camera works very well at night without this anyway, so I don't see it as a drawback.

The quality of the video is comparable to the demo videos I saw prior to purchasing.
The camera is very sensitive to low light levels and so the range of the camera at night is excellent - even on dark country roads without streetlights.

I discovered that the car charger interferes with FM radio slightly. Not all the time, but when the radio signal is weak, the charger knocks the radio off the air completely. This isn't a problem with the camera as I have tested the camera when operating on battery only, and it does not cause radio interference. I'm going to look into purchasing another charger cable.

Overall for the price I am very pleased with this purchase and I would definitely consider buying from FoxOffer again in the future.

What kind of microSD card are you using?
I purchased my LS300W from Foxoffer and received it about a week ago. I've had bad experiences with four brands of microSD cards, and now I can't do anything with the dashcam. It just hangs at the DOD splash screen. The first microSD was an Adata(32 gb) which worked for a week until it locked up my LS300W after recording exactly 16.0 gb. I've also had no luck with brand new cards from SanDisk (32 gb, worked for 10 minutes), Kingston (16gb), and Patriot (16gb). None of these cards are recognized by the dashcam, and resetting the camera doesn't help.
Based on my experience, you are very lucky to have a working LS300W.

neil6967 said:
What kind of microSD card are you using?
I purchased my LS300W from Foxoffer and received it about a week ago. I've had bad experiences with four brands of microSD cards, and now I can't do anything with the dashcam. It just hangs at the DOD splash screen. The first microSD was an Adata(32 gb) which worked for a week until it locked up my LS300W after recording exactly 16.0 gb. I've also had no luck with brand new cards from SanDisk (32 gb, worked for 10 minutes), Kingston (16gb), and Patriot (16gb). None of these cards are recognized by the dashcam, and resetting the camera doesn't help.
Based on my experience, you are very lucky to have a working LS300W.

i reccomend you do a RMA

Hi Neil.
The card says the following on it: Sandisk Ultra 32GB MicroSD HC I
I found a photo of it on the web: http://www.mobymemory.co.uk/1015-51-thi ... y-card.jpg
I don't know the product number.

For your reference, the firmware version on my camera is LS300W 1307170EN10 E03

There is a thread here which lists the compatible memory cards: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1600

Having said that, it sounds like you may have bigger problems with your camera than SD card compatibility. If I were you I'd get in contact with FoxOffer about this. I've read on this forum that the fastest way to contact them is over Skype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I contact FoxOffer, I thought it would be prudent to buy a 16 gb Adata Class 10 microSDHC card, since that was the only brand that worked for a while (the 32 gb Adata card froze after exactly 16.0 gb was recorded, and never worked again). The outcome with the 16 gb card: no luck. I inserted the brand new card into the LS300W, and only got the DOD splash screen. The unit is frozen, and only a long press on the power button will turn it off. I also tried connecting with the USB cable to my PC, same result.
SO, I regret buying the LS300W made by DOD, sold by FoxOffer. It appears to be money down the drain.

neil6967 said:
Before I contact FoxOffer, I thought it would be prudent to buy a 16 gb Adata Class 10 microSDHC card, since that was the only brand that worked for a while (the 32 gb Adata card froze after exactly 16.0 gb was recorded, and never worked again). The outcome with the 16 gb card: no luck. I inserted the brand new card into the LS300W, and only got the DOD splash screen. The unit is frozen, and only a long press on the power button will turn it off. I also tried connecting with the USB cable to my PC, same result.
SO, I regret buying the LS300W made by DOD, sold by FoxOffer. It appears to be money down the drain.

I had the same problem with ADATA32 ! try reset button with a toothpick ! Mine is Silicon something or another 32 works fine. Also, try to format your card with the LS300W. Good luck ! Caution also, they are selling fake SDHC cards !

Now that I have been using my camera for a while longer, I wanted to come back with an update. A week after I made the first post in this thread I started to notice problems:

1) The camera would sometimes stop recording without me being aware of it, even though the power was on.
2) The camera would turn off sometimes, then some minutes later switch its self back on again.

After speaking with Fox Offer they suggested it might be a problem with the car charger cable, so I went and purchased a 5V 1 Amp car charger. Now everything is fine with the dash cam. It works great, and the FM interference I mentioned before is gone.

Back