My Marcus 3 Review (Footage included)

The important thing to remember here is this;

• Vicovation have very good customer focus towards improving their products, history has proven this
  • They also have a solid chassis with top quality components
  • They listen to feedback
  • Past experience can forecast that the firmware will mature, bringing quality and improvements to the video and audio output

Comparing other dashcams against any camera without the same conditions is a waste of everyone's time.

Yes. I expected much more, especially older dvr's offer much more, for example GT550WS and costs 100$

Same speed, same exposure, same place, quality different - noise burn eyes.
This camera is a big mistake.

Not quite fair.

I bought this cam [GT550W] from Foxoffer and the video is great, until the weather gets hot. We had a couple of days around 100F last week and the video was terrible except at night and in the morning when it was cooler. Wish I had spent my money on something else.
I don't leave it in the car. Even on 90 degree days with AC running it gets blurry, and now I have discovered that any time the temps are in the low 60's it thinks every thing you plug into it is a computer and it wants to go into storage mode. I have to leave it plugged in for several minutes to warm up, then unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. This thing is junk.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gt550w-blurry-when-hot.2367/

If the GT550WS was of the same build quality and tolerances, I would have saved money and bought something like that rather than looked to Vico (I got the TF2+).

i think Marcus 1 has much better video quality than Marcus 3. and the M3's GPS updating rate is too slow..

epic fail Vicovation! not only Vicovation but all the manufacturers should understand that they should make the products at least with a certain level before putting it onto the market, what "good after service" are bullsxxt here because it's just like taking the customers as their guinea pig to test the products,
that they should make it good enough because we expect to buy a decent item(especially for such a high price) instead of paying money to be a volunteer tester,
you understand? if the product is good enough then there will be no need for this "good after service"!

and I don't know why there are so many people talks about the "good quality" of Vicovation,
because their earlier products including DS1/DS2 got epidemic failure on power supply cable and capacitors,

I am here because I am sick of these so called "Vico got very good quality" man-made story.
wake up and get a clear understanding that Vico got no better quality than average
I can even say that lots of Korean made products are far much better and with real fine-made parts.

Vico don't make the product, they probably should be more demanding of the manufacturer to get the standard up before they release, they had decent product out already so not sure why they would want to rush these models out

Vico has good attitude in bringing high quality products. The only mistake they do is timing or marketing. They had in the past few succesful projects but not from very first start. For example WF1 took over half year to polish up FW and now its up to high standatds. I like WF1 now ( except instead of battery they could use supercaps ).
Marcus series seems good on the paper and HW wise as well, but again they are doing same mistake like in the past by releasing beta-product and I unferstand anger of early buyers who feel they are being yreated as a guinea pigs. I am sure in some stage Vico will sort out present issues because they are dedicated team, but releas of product should be done when its fully ready.

Vico got no better quality than average
I can even say that lots of Korean made products are far much better and with real fine-made parts.

Define "average".

Which Korean made products?

Define "average".

All Koreans and Taiwanese dashcams I had experience with, from built quality point of view they are all very well built. It all comes to how latest HW used and how much FW is tuned up to maximum potential of HW. But built quality on Koreans and Taiwanese are the same. Many Taiwanese ones are made not in Taiwan but in Korea or China under OEM or ODM( ... similar to Apple or other big brands made also in China ).

Define "average".

All right, here is what oxford dictionary say (I thought Australian speak English?) :

Definition of average in English:
average
Top 1000 frequently used words
Line breaks: aver|age
Pronunciation: /ˈav(ə)rɪdʒ /
NOUN
  • 1A number expressing the central or typical value in a set of data, in particular the mode, median, or (most commonly) the mean, which is calculated by dividing the sum of the values in the set by their number:the proportion of over-60s is above the EU average of 19 per cent
    MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCESSYNONYMS
  • 1.1An amount, standard, level, or rate regarded as usual or ordinary:underground water reserves are below averagethey take about thirty minutes on average
    MORE EXAMPLE SENTENCESSYNONYMS

And Powerucc PanoramaII is the one can beat the Vico's any product with no doubt.
I ain't saying it's the best but it's definitely better than Vico's so called "good quality" products.

Thanks Tokai, I'm very familiar with the word, I use it often.

The reason I asked for your definition of "average" was to understand where the comparison came from. Your choice of words didn't have much grounding; I would describe the post you made as being "supple like a dumpy darlings left butt cheek". I needed clarification, since everyone has there own interpretation when describing an object, smell or sound. The important thing to remember is that I wasn't asking you to provide me with the Google definition; thanks to your post I can refer to this whenever I need a friendly reminder. :)

EDIT: And I'm not Australian, PRO TIP: Never assume, hence my question in the first place... good luck!

Last edited:
no much grounding? check these:

VICO DS1 or DS2 automatically restart
VICO DS1 repeated boot, self-repair examples
same thing as the epidemic failure on power supply cable and capacitors I mentioned.

Google might not able to do it 100% correctly but still you can easily find how many people in China complain about the "Good quality" of Vico products,
and what they need to do and buying capacitors to repair such "good quality" products by themselves.

if you can ignore hundreds of complaints here surely you can say that I am telling a no-grounding story, and what's your grounding for "Vico got good quality"?
Based on your single-unit using experience or your blind faith? maybe your contact window in Vicovation didn't tell you about the epidemic failures??
I have no idea why there are some people in this forum can tell that Vico's outstanding or better than others with such affirmatively judgement? with Grounding? LMAO.

So I am going to tell again that Vico's no better than the average,
in truth its high pricing makes it even worse products.

paying $300 around for a device with BAD video quality, BAD GPS accuracy, HIGH price, and need to wait for 1 year before working fine
( and maybe it won't, god knows) would be one of the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

however if you choose to be the volunteer guinea pig, what I can tell is GOOD LUCK, too! LOL

however if you choose to be the volunteer guinea pig, what I can tell is GOOD LUCK, too! LOL

Surely you can do better than this!

Taking two comments from a total of 2,405,518,376 internet users and using that as an example is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, or to put into simple terms it's like me telling my neighbor not to buy a Ferrari because my friend read on the Google's that someone had a petrol leak.

how does it compare with the Tf2+premium ... and why will they not go with the screw in mounts.. these slide on mounts on standard suckers/suction mounts are rubbish.

Is there any third party mounts or brackets which will enable you to fix these long term... my last two suction mounts broke :(

no much grounding? check these:

VICO DS1 or DS2 automatically restart
VICO DS1 repeated boot, self-repair examples
same thing as the epidemic failure on power supply cable and capacitors I mentioned.

Google might not able to do it 100% correctly but still you can easily find how many people in China complain about the "Good quality" of Vico products,
and what they need to do and buying capacitors to repair such "good quality" products by themselves.

if you can ignore hundreds of complaints here surely you can say that I am telling a no-grounding story, and what's your grounding for "Vico got good quality"?
Based on your single-unit using experience or your blind faith? maybe your contact window in Vicovation didn't tell you about the epidemic failures??
I have no idea why there are some people in this forum can tell that Vico's outstanding or better than others with such affirmatively judgement? with Grounding? LMAO.

So I am going to tell again that Vico's no better than the average,
in truth its high pricing makes it even worse products.

paying $300 around for a device with BAD video quality, BAD GPS accuracy, HIGH price, and need to wait for 1 year before working fine
( and maybe it won't, god knows) would be one of the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

I'm having the restart issues with my m3.

In regard to the red bolded font I will disagree because I don't look at things through just one model or device and i'm not implying you do either. The m3 is the first experience with VicoVation and so far, I'm content with the price and quality. My baseline for comparison and experience comes from being a BlackVue customer from the DR400 model up to the DR500. Although I lose parking mode, heat resistance, and wifi features, I gained better video quality, better firmware support, and way better customer service.
Therefore, VicoVation prices are lower for the features presented, and this forum is not filled with complaints of bad quality the way BV forums are.

I ordered my M3 the moment it was available to order and in the time i've had had it I noticed it has an issue where the cam restarts randomly. I reached out to Spytec and they forwarded my issue directly to VicoVation and an RMA was issued within a couple of days. This customer service alone makes it worth the price paid to keep me as a returning customer to both VicoVation and Spytec as long as they keep putting out good cams.

in short, i'm content with VicoVation's quality and their customer service has been good so far.

No doubt of VicoVaction's ambitious in DashCam area, and believe they fully understand how important that the good quality that is better than the after service.

Base on the above experience from first users, I doubt why they are not able to do a full testing before product release as they looks has a good team behind.

The new 3.2G firmware is actually pretty good in terms of video quality, specially at nighttime shots.

I made a new comparison with FW 3.2 for M3. Is better, but not better then LS430W. In both cases 1080p 30fps. Original pictures with full sizes are here:
http://www.autowrzuta.pl/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2766&start=99

file.php
file.php

file.php
file.php

file.php
file.php

file.php
file.php

file.php
file.php

file.php