Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
Marcus 3 Review
mGpjhHRN
Dashcams are a great tool to use in order to protect yourself from many unwanted circumstances, the important thing to consider is that this can be a double-edged sword. If you’re driving safely, your camera could be your best friend. The dashcam industry is growing and the general public are using these devices as an eye witness, forcing the manufactures to become more competitive with different designs, feature sets and clearer image output.

So for those that don’t know, Vicovation is a company that are unique in their own way. They have a knack for integration towards some of the best key components in their dashcams; I have owned three models to date and countless dashcams from other brands such as FineVu, Blackview, Powerucc and DOD so I’m speaking from experience. I have no affiliation with any company whatsoever, so my judgement is completely unbiased.

Dashcams Australia were very kind in providing me with their top model in the Vicovation range; the Marcus 3. As with any dashcam, the quality of the components as well as the video output speaks for itself. This dashcam is able to conduct video at 60 frames per second in Full HD 1080p resolution (this is the first and so far only dashcam with such characteristics) and 30 frames per second at Super HD 2304 x 1296r (for smoother and more clear images for both day and night, even at high speeds).

There is an anti-glare filter lens known as a CPL filter, which can be attached to the dashcam and will greatly reduce glare on the windshield. The GPS module is also an optional accessory. This is a rather unique piece of tech, since it not only acts as a GPS module for speed, defining the position, velocity of movement from the vehicle, but it also has a forward collision warning system and a lane departure warning notification option.

Many dashcam manufactures apply plastic/glass mixed lenses or lenses without megapixel resolution. Therefore the image quality can’t reach optimal level, and these lenses can’t endure high temperatures. The Marcus 3 uses a glass 6G mega pixel lens, which is great news for those in hot countries such as myself. One important factor to note when purchasing any dashcam, high quality super capacitors as well as strong casing design can efficiently expel the heat. It’s rather risky leaving a dashcam in a vehicle where the temperature can exceed 70 degrees centigrade, especially if your dashcam has a lithium battery itching to explode; something to consider.

For those looking for a dashcam, I strongly recommend Dashcams Australia not just for their product range and price but also their communication and experience in this growing industry. Dashcams are a new investment for road safety and when a business has an aptitude for customer service it adds peace of mind, plus being spoilt for choice isn’t a bad thing either. My advice is to stick with a business that can answer questions directly, offer official warranty from the distributor and have a central location for business with someone that you can speak with directly.

You have very good video editing skills !

Thanks niko :)

Milamber in the comparasion TF vs M3, TF have WDR on ?

Marcus 3 vs Marcus 1 vs cheapest camera

Last edited by a moderator:
Salut iuda ! Tell us please the name of the cheaper one , too .I haven't decided what dashcam to buy yet.Anyway not one from the few presented above by you.

IMHO VicoVation failed in case of Marcus 3 and no advertisement can't change this.

IMHO VicoVation failed in case of Marcus 3 and no advertisement can't change this.

So far they have failed, but they seem to be open to community driven features. The main being the option to turn off WDR. Their facebook is littered with requests. Hopefully they start to fulfill some of the more pressing issues soon. It's a 200 dollar camera pushed by a pretty good company, they should be stepping the game up.

Yes. I expected much more, especially older dvr's offer much more, for example GT550WS and costs 100$

Same speed, same exposure, same place, quality different - noise burn eyes.
This camera is a big mistake.

1.JPG 2.JPG

Last edited:
Yes. I expected much more, especially older dvr's offer much more, for example GT550WS and costs 100$

View attachment 4937 View attachment 4938

The only reason I think it's okay right now with this quality is due to it being a brand new camera, but I'm willing to give it like... 2-3 more months of updates to see where it's going.

You have one picture taken in january and another one in may. Look at the trees. In january they doesn't have leaves.
So it's not same speed, same exposure as you said. One picture is taken at 12 o'clock in january, the other one at 16 in may.
It's not even the same car, so they are different windshield.

Last edited:
I know perfectly well, when I did this pictures. Speed is about 40km/h in both cases. Sun is high on the sky and the scene is similarly exposed. subtle differences are not relevant when marcus can't "draw" line (see a comparison at the bottom):

3.JPG 4.JPG

@suawek you cannot compare two cameras in different light condition and told as that are same condition.
"Sun is high on the sky" for me is like you told me that all yellow cars are taxi. Put the 2 cameras side by side in the same conditions if you want to compare them.

zk29AJR.jpg
BChfdUt.jpg

The camera is new and the firmware needs maturity, the examples you provided are not "like" for "like".

The camera is new and the firmware needs maturity, the examples you provided are not "like" for "like".

I totally agree. The only TRUE way to judge is side by side at same time. I dont know how to build a space-ship and dont know yet a lot about electronics but I did 100-ds side by side dashcam tests and for sure know this area very well.
Even if you drive same route with 10 min difference, even then many factors can affect comparison ( angle of sun changed, clouds, shadows, wind etc ).
So the only way if put 2 or more dashcam together and only then can judge 100%.

The hardware shows lots of promise. And I know Vico has good product support. The camera is only a few months old, and they just came out with a new update a week ago. As more updates roll out I can see the quality increase drastically.

The hardware shows lots of promise. And I know Vico has good product support. The camera is only a few months old, and they just came out with a new update a week ago. As more updates roll out I can see the quality increase drastically.

Maybe Vico rush too soon to release M3 by not polishing up FW and now created some panics. I remember when WF1 came out, it also didnt had the best ( good ? ) performance, but with later FW they acheaved a good result. Same thing may happening with M3, but unfort it creates some mess between new buyers. Thats why I guess @jokiin also tries to polish up his GuardTrak and present it with fully polished FW. Vico could also first polish-up FW and only then release product, otherwise many people might think they are treated as beta-testers.
Anyway, lets wait and I am sure Vico team will have it fixed soon.

Maybe Vico rush too soon to release M3 by not polishing up FW and now created some panics. I remember when WF1 came out, it also didnt had the best ( good ? ) performance, but with later FW they acheaved a good result. Same thing may happening with M3, but unfort it creates some mess between new buyers. Thats why I guess @jokiin also tries to polish up his GuardTrak and present it with fully polished FW. Vico could also first polish-up FW and only then release product, otherwise many people might think they are treated as beta-testers.
Anyway, lets wait and I am sure Vico team will have it fixed soon.

Yeah, right now the WF1 has a much much better looking video quality than the M3, but it is a good bit older. as you said I hope we see the same results with the M3.

Back