My mini 0805 won't turn on

TrueNugget

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was working when I first drove out this morning. After I came back from lunch, the camera didn't turn on. When plugged in, the led is a solid red. Is the camera dead? Is there a way to fix it? I tried to hold the power button to see if it would hard reset but still won't turn on.

Thanks.

I have the same issue and signed up to this forum today to figure it out! Sometimes the LED is a solid blue for me, but still unresponsive.

Is your 0805 hardwired to your vehicle?

No, it's not hardwired.

I unplugged my camera and after the battery has run it's course, the camera was able to turn itself on. I guess there's no hard reset on this device.

Same problem here, solid red led with or without microSD, after 1 or 2 minutes connected the led goes off, then when I connected it again same thing red led that disappear after 1 minute. I already hold the power for more than 1 minute and nothing. Also camera is not longer recognized by computer.

Anybody got a solution yet? I was unplugging and re-connecting my 0805 via the USB cable trying to view and test resolution settings when all of a sudden it no longer turns on, nor is recognized by the computer.

Please someone update if you found a way to get it working again. So frustrated right now...

Ok, it works! I guess it was just a very low battery. Weirdly, having it plugged in to my computer didn't charge it... Anyway, I left it alone for a while and the blue LED came back when I pushed the power button (it's ALIVE!!!!) and I immediately plugged it in to my computer and it began charging once again. Not gonna screw around with it any more.

Sounds way too familiar, but neither of my units ever repowered on. Even if it did: that's pretty pathetic reliability for real world use.

Same thing happening to me. Power button does not have any effect. How can I possibly drain the battery fully when it's not even trying to start? How long should I leave it? This is really pissing me off :(

I left it untouched for a few hours and it would turn on again.

Mine is currently solid blue and won't turn on.. Hardwired in.

If I hold down the power button long enough, sometimes it turns red, but I can't get the screen to turn on or it to record in general.

Fix yet?

I'm having exactly the same issues. Most of the time the unit is either dead or in best case there's a red light and the unit doesn't respond at all. I haven't found the solution yet but from time to time the unit starts working when I randomly unplug and plug it again (like a dozen times). If anybody finds a solution I'll be eternally grateful. This camera totally sucks.

I'm trying to return mine, but I don't know if I should get another mini0805 and try my luck or just get a completely different one all together...

I don't even know which one I'd want.

Based on some other posts I've read in this forum I thought the GPS base could be the cause of this problem? There may be connection issues etc.

But the funny thing is that when I remove the GPS base and plug the USB cable directly into the camera it does NOTHING. I can't plug it directly into the camera (no light on, nothing happens), I have to plug it directly to the GPS base and then *at least* I get the red light (which suggests the unit is charging but nothing happens and it's not possible to turn it on). From my point of view there's something wrong with the charging or with the input connector of the unit itself.

OK, I figured it out. It's a power problem. The miniUSB connection input of the camcorder itself is clearly faulty and the contact is really bad/weak. I had to move the USB connector several times from side to side before contact occurred and the unit was switched on.

So either I will find a way how to enforce the contact or I will return the item to China (but the postage costs are high).

I had purchased 3 of these from GearBest and 3 64gig flash cards for around $250 US.

All three have been working for 3 weeks.

Went to check n them and one had not recorded for three days.
Noticed it was a bit warm.

Brought it inside and left under my small desk fan to cool down for a few hours.
Still wouldn't turn on.

Took it back out side and tested all three cams on all three GPS basses.
All worked except for this one cam.

Back inside.
Plugged it in to charge for 4 hours.
Still wouldn't turn on.
And again it was warm to hot.
Left it unplugged.

Tested again just before bed and wouldn't turn on.
Don't recall the temp.

Got up this morning dreading the turn on test.

It was cool to the touch.

Good News!

Its working again.

I had tested last night just before bed and it still wouldn't come on.

So I left it unplugged and now 8 hours later it IS turning on.

Super happy not to have to sort out a replacement.

Whew!

HTH

"Red light" problem solved, at least for me:) I had similar "red light" problem with my 0805 mini dash cam. I used my cam for a year without any problems. But one day I started my car and my cam didn't start - there was only red light shining, indicating charging. Power button didn't work, I couldn't start my camera. I also tried to hold power button for 15-30s to perform hard reset, but no success. I tried starting it up with and without SD card, again no success. I tried to connect it to my PC, byt PC didn't recognize any drive. Tried many USB cables and chargers but it didn't help, only red light... I read many articles on this, looking for some solution. I thought there is a problem with battery. So I decided to perform disassembly of my cam (following one of the threads on this forum about disassembly). I did the following 3 steps: 1) opened the casing 2) separated the two curcuit boards inside and 3) measured the voltage (3.17V) between the black and red wire leading from the battery. Then I put all parts together and camera started working!! Miracle :p Maybe separation of the two boards helped in my case.

"Red light" problem solved, at least for me:) I had similar "red light" problem with my 0805 mini dash cam. I used my cam for a year without any problems. But one day I started my car and my cam didn't start - there was only red light shining, indicating charging. Power button didn't work, I couldn't start my camera. I also tried to hold power button for 15-30s to perform hard reset, but no success. I tried starting it up with and without SD card, again no success. I tried to connect it to my PC, byt PC didn't recognize any drive. Tried many USB cables and chargers but it didn't help, only red light... I read many articles on this, looking for some solution. I thought there is a problem with battery. So I decided to perform disassembly of my cam (following one of the threads on this forum about disassembly). I did the following 3 steps: 1) opened the casing 2) separated the two curcuit boards inside and 3) measured the voltage (3.17V) between the black and red wire leading from the battery. Then I put all parts together and camera started working!! Miracle :p Maybe separation of the two boards helped in my case.

My case is a carbon copy of pandomovnik. My 0805 camera (purchased in Feb15) did exactly the same after 13 months of use. I followed his guidance and got the same result - camera now working again. PHEW! ANOTHER MIRACLE...VERY MANY THANKS. For others here is a link to the thread for guidance on opening up the case https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/posts/120936/

I saw another post discussing the impact of the poor connection between the GPS Base and the camera. I have always found my camera to be wobbly and the red charging led would flicker with the driving vibration. The other post suggested that it was the poor connection which causes the cameras to brick themselves with the fluctuating supply voltage. Now I've got the camera working again I shall be attempting to improve that connection. Will report back on success / or not.

I can report back that I am now getting a solid red led light in all conditions having modified the connection. So hopefully this will stop the camera bricking itself again.

I firtsly removed the 2 screws which hold the charging foot in place on the camera. You will find a small pcb with 3 connection points and 3 wires running into the camera. I simply placed a small piece of insulation tape (approx. 4mm x 10mm) on top of the pcb and re - assembled the charging foot.

The camera is now a snug fit in the gps cradle and even if I attempt to move the camera by hand, the red,charging led remains solid with no flickering.

This just happened to mine. It was solid blue, but unresponsive. I took it out of my vehicle, brought it inside, and started reading this thread.
As I was reading, I just held the power button down. Probably for 2 minutes, and then it turned back on. Full power......
Hope this works for someone else.

Facing same problem... My 0805 won't turn on.

I'm thinking on purchase 0807 or another model with capacitors instead of batteries.

Back