My mini 0806 just died and I need a replacement.

conorjesu34

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a mini 0805 that died over a year ago and so I bought the updated mini 0806 and that has officially died too. Im tired of giving this ****ty compony money and I want a camera that will actually last me more than a year. 1080p 30fps minimum, the more merrier. Needs to be discreate and have good nighttime optics and it needs to have a screen. Oh and I need to be able to turn the speed setting off, for uhhhh reasons. Everything else is optional. I want something that will last so I've set my budget a little higher this time around at $300. Any suggestions? https://routerlogin.uno/

Last edited:

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Numerous and ever-changing
Though a bit old, the Viofo A119V3 is a very well developed cam with good vid quality and a reputation for reliability. The GPS mount is optional IIRC and at it's price it is a very good value. You can also get Street Guardian at that price with top quality, full development, and noted for good heat tolerance and long life. Actually at that budget lever you can get almost any cam save for Blackvue and Thinkware top-end stuff. And you can get cams far better than the mini series you've had for at or under $100 now too. The B4K is at $100 and does true 4K resolution but a little weak at night, and you can add a rear cam to it later if you want. The best night-time sensors are the Sony "Starvis" series, with the IMX291 being tops but their 335 and 317 are pretty good too. Most but not all cams do OK or better at night now compared to what we had just a few years ago.

Phil

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
...and I need to be able to turn the speed setting off,
Forget about that. If you're going to be using the video for any kind of evidentiary purpose your speed can easily be determined from the video itself.

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Yes if you want to keep your speed a secret, you should not record video while driving, from the video your speed in between 2 points ( signs / trees / light poles whatever along the road ) can be ascertained much more accurate than a cheap GPS module in a dashcam can do.

So i keep GPS on in my cameras and also have the speed watermarked in the footage, and then i try, though not always successful to drive at the speed limits.
Still me going 5 - 10 KMH over the limit are not really a problem, even if / when i do i am constantly overtaken anyway, so i dont think i am the problem not even when it come to speeding.