My Mobius Maxi

Does the cam have a battery or a super-cap? Either way, have you checked that whichever you have is functioning properly?

It's the capacitor version. Capacitor is fine as it does the blinking routine. It's even recording if I connect it to a power bank and press the shutter button. Firmware updation also works. Just not letting me change parameters as it disconnects when I press the shutter button to configure the camera. The 3 M1 cameras connect to the same mSetup without any issues.

It's the capacitor version. Capacitor is fine as it does the blinking routine. It's even recording if I connect it to a power bank and press the shutter button. Firmware updation also works. Just not letting me change parameters as it disconnects when I press the shutter button to configure the camera. The 3 M1 cameras connect to the same mSetup without any issues

Clips on the card looked fine but the date had defaulted to 2020.

OK, I asked because you mentioned the defaulted date earlier, but that doesn't explain the other woes.

All in all, sounds like another Maxi bit the dust. :(

Last edited:
Can't find the OTG adapter, will try it with the phone before giving up completely. Have rotated the M2 for now. Plan on installing the A129 Plus today or tomorrow.

Tried a different cable, card and operating system. Disconnecting and reconnecting the ribbon cable, loading an older firmware, nothing appears to be working.

Not going to bother with the text file thing. Time to install the Plus that's still in its box since I got it a few months back.
Last time this happened to me, I had to enable camera in privacy settings on Win10. As silly as it sounds, that was the solution.
In my case issue have occurred after some OS update - it was working just fine 2 days before, next day OS updates, and then I couldn't change the settings.

I'm guessing by different operating system, you mean other Win10, not something like Win7?

Last time this happened to me, I had to enable camera in privacy settings on Win10. As silly as it sounds, that was the solution.
In my case issue have occurred after some OS update - it was working just fine 2 days before, next day OS updates, and then I couldn't change the settings.

I'm guessing by different operating system, you mean other Win10, not something like Win7?

'Use Camera' is on in Privacy settings. Tried XP as well. All other M1s and the M2 connect and I can change the parameters.

It's possible there's a problem with mSetup. I know Isoprop tries to keep it compatible with every FW version of every camera, but sometimes things go wrong.

I'll try to find a working Maxi to see if I get the same issues.

Checked on the Maxi after a long time. Clips on the card looked fine but the date had defaulted to 2020. Hooked it up to mSetup but the current firmware doesn't show up and keeps telling me that an update is available. Have updated twice but the main screen does not show the current firmware version and the update notification is still there. Also, pressing the shutter button to enable changing of parameters is not working, the camera disconnects. Thoughts?
I found a working Maxi to test. I see the same mSetup screen as you when I connect - a notification that there is an update available, and does not show the current FW version. However when I press the shutter button to enter configuration mode the update notification goes away and FW V2.40 is shown. You may have a faulty shutter button?

Does the camera only auto-record on external power, or can you manually start & stop recording with the shutter button?

1652258805447.png 1652258849793.png

I found a working Maxi to test. I see the same mSetup screen as you when I connect - a notification that there is an update available, and does not show the current FW version. However when I press the shutter button to enter configuration mode the update notification goes away and FW V2.40 is shown. You may have a faulty shutter button?

Does the camera only auto-record on external power, or can you manually start & stop recording with the shutter button?

View attachment 60451 View attachment 60452

Thank you for checking. Shutter button works. Records fine if pressed manually when connected to a power bank.

The cam was working fine. I connected it just to sync the date but updated without giving much thought as the message was showing. Since the update it's been acting like this. Can't use it as everything is back to defaults and it doesn't auto record anymore.

@Harsh I didn't see if you mentioned it, so just making sure you have used the reset button. And have you tried completely removing caps / battery? What about MicroSD card?
If you don't have access to linux to see output of dmesg command, try using USBDeview - maybe it will provide some useful info about how your Maxi is recognized.
What about older mSetup versions?
How about connecting via phone with app like Mobius Maxi Wifi?

Last edited:
@Harsh I didn't see if you mentioned it, so just making sure you have used the reset button. And have you tried completely removing caps / battery? What about MicroSD card?
If you don't have access to linux to see output of dmesg command, try using USBDeview - maybe it will provide some useful info about how your Maxi is recognized.

I did, multiple times.

mSetup recognises it, device id also shows up.

Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve already replaced it with the A129 Plus. Will hook it up to the phone once I find the otg adapter and see if that lets me do more than what mSetup is currently permitting.

Will hook it up to the phone once I find the otg adapter and see if that lets me do more than what mSetup is currently permitting.
I'm only connecting using WiFi, because last time I used OTG adapter with Mobius1, it fried my USB communication chip on my old phone, so I'd rather not connect anything power hungry :p

I just stopped using MM after it failed me (again) when I actually needed the recording. Luckily it wasn't anything critical, but I don't trust it anymore.

The issue happens without any indication, everything seems fine but image suddenly gets frozen and it keeps recording only audio with the frame it got stuck on. Imagine seeing 4h of recordings like that.
Last time it happened was after running for around 3mins with 8°C outside, so it's not overheating.

Oh well, hopefully Viofo A139 Pro will be more reliable...

Back