My new A119 V2

SteveJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo.
Fitted my new A119 V2 today. Here in the UK where we drive on the correct [emoji23] side of the road, I would normally have fitted the camera on the windscreen to the left hand side of the mirror, but I drive a Mk2 VW Tiguan which has a large camera housing behind the mirror with a light sensor on back left hand side of the mirror.

So I managed to fit it to the right hand side, and it hides quite nicely. Only problem now is it’s a bit fiddly to remove the micro SD card, and I don’t want to keep taking the camera on and off as eventually that’s bound to cause problems, but I’m sure I’ll manage somehow. Just got to find the right combination of settings now, so need to experiment. Here’s a couple of pics....

ed975ba9c9d112dce3ef8746197c33ae.jpg

ebaecfb2c5401f2f36b18f485409e934.jpg

Steve

I see you have a GPS. With a GPS it is easier to remove the A119 unit from the GPS than removing the card. I never take the SD-Card out and have the unit act as a USB drive. The PC will recognise the A119 as a USB and you can take files off it as required or view them with the card still inside.
Only thing to remember do not format the SD Card using the PC always format in the device.
I have 2 A119's and understand only too well that those big boxes behind the mirror get in the way.

I was just a bit concerned that taking the camera on and off the mount might eventually have a detrimental effect on the pin connections, but if you’ve been doing it for a while then my fears may be unfounded.

I’ve always formatted the cards in my previous cameras which all of the manufacturers have recommended.

I take both my A119 off very regularly I test the MODs for the A119 by BCHobbyist. As long as you are not ham fisted there should be not be a problem. Anything you have read or seen regarding the Pins usual relates to the v1 version v2 is much more robust.

Cheers for that, I think I’ll just remove the camera from now on then.

I have a 2018 Escape Titanium with that same kind of mirror backing with a built in camera of some type. I had to rejig things to make it fit too.

Fitted my new A119 V2 today. Here in the UK where we drive on the correct [emoji23] side of the road, I would normally have fitted the camera on the windscreen to the left hand side of the mirror, but I drive a Mk2 VW Tiguan which has a large camera housing behind the mirror with a light sensor on back left hand side of the mirror.

So I managed to fit it to the right hand side, and it hides quite nicely. Only problem now is it’s a bit fiddly to remove the micro SD card, and I don’t want to keep taking the camera on and off as eventually that’s bound to cause problems, but I’m sure I’ll manage somehow. Just got to find the right combination of settings now, so need to experiment. Here’s a couple of pics....

ed975ba9c9d112dce3ef8746197c33ae.jpg

ebaecfb2c5401f2f36b18f485409e934.jpg

Steve

Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back