My nextbase app.

Simcor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couple of questions @NextBase Support

With the my nextbase app we don't have the option of picture in picture as live view like we did with cam viewer.

Is there going to be an option going forward?

Also when you are in recording view, if you rotate the phone you lose a good amount of the image is there any plan to resolve this and have full screen in landscape mode?

I also note it seems to take a long time to set up a high speed WiFi connection for live view or downloading files. Is this something that can be improved and sped up or could it be due to phone WiFi settings causing it to take a long time. I'd say it takes several minutes each time I use it to connect mostly. Not the longest but its like waiting for paint to dry lol

Think that's all I can think of for now.

Edited:
sorry for the awful typing I'm rubbish on a keyboard let alone a phone or tablet and often don't spot stupid mistakes or auto correct rubbish. Should read my posts more after I have typed them.

Last edited:
Yes picture in picture will come - the app developer is going to include this with an update soon.

Yes this bug we've been made aware of yesterday and are working on a fix. It should (of course) keep the full image on screen.

Several minutes?! that shouldn't be the case, is this every time or just the first time you set it up?

Thank you for your feedback, keep it coming :D

Yes picture in picture will come - the app developer is going to include this with an update soon.

Yes this bug we've been made aware of yesterday and are working on a fix. It should (of course) keep the full image on screen.

Several minutes?! that shouldn't be the case, is this every time or just the first time you set it up?

Thanks for the reply Tiff.

Seems to take a long time evey time I try to connect. But I've not actually timed it so may be I should figure out how long it's actually taking as that may confirm if its right. Just feels like your waiting forever.

On a side note, I can’t even find the app. Is it on apple App Store?

On a side note, I can’t even find the app. Is it on apple App Store?
The app for IOS is still waiting for approval by Apple. It had been submitted in plenty of time but Apple seems to be the delay on that.

The other thing I forgot to mention is will we be able to have rotate on the live view like we did in cam viewer as its nice to have it full screen on live view as well.

Given its now August? Please.

The wifi connection bug was fixed for me at least, 2 updates ago.(There was an update, and a few days later, another.
The first quick update fixed a you have to re-register bluetooth and alexa/sos, every time I got in the car, bug.

One update is where the heck are the Alexa skills...thats been quite a while for them in supposed submission.

Back