Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
IGP6902.jpg

IGP6903.jpg

IGP6904.jpg

IGP6906.jpg

Yes its my Blue Sky Sea G1Wc

As can be seen heat has done things to the case , but it still runs ..
I think this might have been the first cam I focus corrected ..
And wow , I got it some time June 2015 ...

I took it out of the car because it was vibrating a bit ( can see it in the video ) ..
Took out the hot glue gun and squirted some glue into the gap ( Its non conductive stuff ) , so hopefully negates the flexing / vibration .
I put the cam back in the rear window ..

My last two cams with batteries are :
Mini 0826
Ausdom A261
All other battery cams have died ...

Last edited:
wont it just clip back together or has the plastic warped?

My oldest surviving cam is the Mio 508 in the rear of my car but I don't think it's quite 2 years old, my other 508 is just over 1 year old which is used in my work van (it doesn't get hot enough here to shorten the battery life), and my A118c is less than a year old but it doesn't count because it's gonna be sold with the car

wont it just clip back together or has the plastic warped?

My oldest surviving cam is the Mio 508 in the rear of my car but I don't think it's quite 2 years old, my other 508 is just over 1 year old which is used in my work van (it doesn't get hot enough here to shorten the battery life), and my A118c is less than a year old but it doesn't count because it's gonna be sold with the car

Plastic is warped !
When I got it , it was not a tight fit ..
But with the passage of time and the Australian sun , it is now a permanent ventilation gap ..
Unfortunately the top of the cam is no longer supported - so vibrated quite a bit ..
Hot glue will hopefully not melt (?) , and stop the vibration by supporting the top of the cam ( where it mounts to the windscreen )

the two buttons on the top of the cam are notorious for vibrating anyway, I had a piece of tape on mine in its short tenure with me

IGP6902.jpg

IGP6903.jpg

IGP6904.jpg

IGP6906.jpg

Yes its my Blue Sky Sea G1Wc

As can be seen heat has done things to the case , but it still runs ..
I think this might have been the first cam I focus corrected ..
And wow , I got it some time June 2015 ...

I took it out of the car because it was vibrating a bit ( can see it in the video ) ..
Took out the hot glue gun and squirted some glue into the gap ( Its non conductive stuff ) , so hopefully negates the flexing / vibration .
I put the cam back in the rear window ..

My last two cams with batteries are :
Mini 0826
Ausdom A261
All other battery cams have died ...
Nice to see this camera still alive :)
And i will have a check to see if we can find this casing in my warehouse for you!

Nice to see this camera still alive :)
And i will have a check to see if we can find this casing in my warehouse for you!

Please dont bother ...
I am afraid of pulling it apart again .. Might kill it ..
The hot glue will / should tighten things up nicely and stop the flexing / causing vibration .
The G1Wc has been a good cam ( still is ) , but is starting to get a little (?) , putting files here and there .
+ I got a few blank video's last time I looked .. So might be close to its use bye date .
Might be failing to save the last video as the cam powers down , CAPACITOR ?
But it has been in full time use since the day I got it .

I broke mine by taking it apart :D

:( You can avoid it if you get guide to take apart from seller!

:( You can avoid it if you get guide to take apart from seller!

I tried to follow youtube tutorials for help where to put the little screw-driver to pry apart without damaging the casing clips, but then I snapped all the wires to the capacitors :ROFLMAO:

I had bought the cam off ebay from an individual so technically second hand but it was a brand new cam, seller unaware what it was worth as he didn't know it's model number (genuine G1W-C) and I paid £11 for it, the memory card that came with it was worth that on it's own, that now lives in another cam, so the G1W was free, so it didn't bother me too much!!

a mini 0801 that i purchased april 2014 is still going strong in a family member's vehicle. files were checked recently and it still makes great daytime videos. and it still keeps time, too!

My oldest is a Blackvue DR400G HD from late 2011/early 2012 Is a Korean domestic version that has altered firmware and apart from having to replace both batteries has been going fine in 4 different countries at temps from below freezing in Canada to 40C plus in Texas and Queensland Australia.
Despite their bad reviews it just keeps on keeping on Also still have a DR350 that I have recently replaced

Ok , I can verify the G1Wc is no longer saving the last file ..
I think the capacitor is probably not holding enough charge ..
The hot glue seems to be working , no more vibration = Clean video ..

Honestly , am I ready to let go the G1Wc ?
I have a Viofo A118c in the rear window , but the G1Wc has a soft spot in my heart ( My first decent cam ) .

I still have the mini 0801 and it still works after 9 years. I was inspired by your review and decided to buy it.
Survived the hot Australian climate. Had replaced SD card once. Never changed the battery.

I still have the mini 0801 and it still works after 9 years. I was inspired by your review and decided to buy it.
Survived the hot Australian climate. Had replaced SD card once. Never changed the battery.
Which review is that? Do you have a link mate

Back