My perfect retirement job!

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
I wonder if I'd have a little bell to ring, also?

:)

Never liked them being on the roads. You are supposed to be able to stop within the distance you can see to be clear. Vehicles with metal wheels on rails cannot/do not stick to this rule. That's fine for railways. But trams are mixed in with other road users. Especially bad since they cannot steer around a hazard.

And they have to deal with the same halfwits as the rest of us.

At least the tram drivers in Prague have nasty sounding warning bells!

(Not sure where the first video is from?)

My birth town just got the first stretch of light rail up and running, i expect much more of this to happen there.

And wonder if / how many car drivers getting nailed by one have said " why dident you go around me" :rolleyes:

We had one case where i believe driver of tram wanted to be any other job at the moment - he got out to smoke at the end of the line but forgotten to put any brakes on and tram got loose without a driver, tram goes downhill almost half a mile until it got derailed at steep curve but luckily no one got hurt.
Image1.jpg

^^^ I guess that means there is an opening for a driver, who preferably doesn't smoke?

:)

No, Finland is too cold, and can't get that Monty Python tune out of my head.

I don't understand the problem. Hazard perception, the drivers could see the hazards develop well in advance yet did little to avoid. Heck, a few of those trams rammed cars that were in a dedicated turning lane so surely should've given way :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind that job - did you see how little the tram moved when they t-boned those cars, I'd love to be driving something as solid as that!

Actually I think those tram drivers are performing a great service to all countries by showing how stupid some people can be, they should get a little extra pay as teachers/educators:D:cool:!

Down at the harbor in Aarhus where the 1 current light rail go thru the building called Dokk1 https://dokk1.dk/english

There are stupid people that will try and drive along the light rail there and into the building, and light rail tracks are like regular railway tracks so really stupid to try and fit a car on those.
letbanebiler.jpg

I am not sure Danes are smarter now in the age of information, i have a sneaky suspision we too are more stupid than we have ever been this side of the bronze age.

Apart from the last tram in the first video, I love how stone-faced the tram drivers are, as if in their mind they're thinking "well... that's the 22nd car I've hit today, up from my previous record of 19 last Thursday"!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jokiin Off Topic 1