My review of the Corvit IROAD V7 Wi-fi Car DVR

ironham

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
My review of the Corvit IROAD V7 Wi-fi Car DVR (Part 1 of 3: Unpacking)

Since the details of the product and contents of the box can be found at http://corvit.sg/wordpress/?product=1-iroad-v7-wi-fi, therefore, I will only share my user experience from unpacking, installing and using the product.

I got 3 items, the Corvit IROAD V7 Wi-fi, the Wi-Fi dongle and the IROAD car accessory, which allows me to tap the car battery.

The 3 items

The IROAD V7 comes neatly organised in a box which contains everything you need for immediate installation.

The IROAD V7 Wi-Fi and its contents

The top layer of the box contains the front and rear view camera together with the micro SD card, which are all carefully packed in sponge to prevent any handling damage which in transition.

The bottom layer contains the cigar power jack, rear camera cable and front transparent cradle along with 2 spare double-sided tapes.

The cables, cradle and spare tapes

The car accessory to tap the car battery

The Wi-Fi dongle

My review of the Corvit IROAD V7 Wi-fi Car DVR (Part 2 of 3: Installing)

Since I already have experience using a Car DVR, installing theCorvit IROAD V7 Wi-fi was easy as there were very few things to attach.

As I installed it myself in my HDB multi-storey carpark where lighting isn’t the best, I will not include step by step photos on how I physically installed the DVR into my car. Instead, I will provide a youtube link https://www.youtube....h?v=8LJph42KHd8. It’s a little long but you can scroll to fast-forward.

I basically took about 45 minutes doing it as it was a ‘one-man show’ and I had to readjust the wiring and camera angle a few times because I wanted the wires to be nice and taut.

Upon switching on the car DVR and connecting it via WI-Fi to my smartphone for the first time, I was greeted by this screen.

Registration Screen

Home Screen

Setup page (System1) – where you can adjust the resolution option

Setup page (System2) – where you can control the audio, time zone and rebooting functions

Setup page (Event) – where you can choose the event function on how you want the DVR to record

Setup page (LBP) – to control the power off if the DVR is tapping your car battery

Setup page (Info/Save) – the DVR info and save options page

The PC setup was very easy too. The Micro SD card had ‘setup’ file, which upon clicking, will open the setup wizard which will guide you to install the software.

I’ll post the images below to show you how easy it is.

In 3 easy steps and you are ready to view your saved videos on your PC

Below, I will post a few photos of me using the software for the first time after installing it.

As you can see, by simply trying the different buttons, you can quickly learn how to use the software like me for the very first time. You can choose front view, rear view and split screen.

I will also post images on how I saved the video onto my PC.

My review of the Corvit IROAD V7 Wi-fi Car DVR (Part 3 of 3: Using the product)

In this post, I will post some pictures and video youtube links of my DVR recordings as well as do a full review of my entire user experience of unpacking, installing and using the product.

Day picture with the front view camera

Day picture with the rear view camera

Day front video recording

Day rear video recording

Day raining picture with the front view camera

Day raining picture with the rear view camera

Day raining front view video recording

Day raining rear view video recording

Night picture with front view camera

Night picture with rear view camera

Night front view video recording

Night rear view video recording

Carpark front view video recording

Carpark rear view video recording

My Overall Evaluation

Unpacking: 10/10, as it is very well packed, organised and easy to unpack.

Installing: 9/10, easy to install, but the front cigar power cable is a bit short, so I cannot properly align it along my car grooves to conceal it so it’s sticking out under my steering wheel and into my glove compartment where my car cigar lighter is. I should also say that this will differ from car to car, depending on the model and where the cigar lighter is located.

I intend to buy a long USB cable to replace the cigar lighter instead or purchase an 7.5m B8-Power Cable(cigar jack) (S$18) from Corvit.sg. I’ll see how it goes, as it’s only my first week using this device.

Using the product: 9/10, why not full marks as I’m still getting used to it. My previous car DVR, a Marbella MX5 HD Recorder has a screen, so I can easily view things on it, however for the IROAD 7, it does not and you have to sync it with your smartphone via Wi-Fi.

I guess there are pros and cons to this as many top range car DVRs do not have a screen and requires a smartphone for Wi-Fi link. However, for non-techies like my dad, syncing it to a smartphone may be a hassle, even though it’s very easy and intuitive for us late Gen X, Gen Y users.

After turning on the ignition of the car, the DVR will start recording after a few seconds and a voice guidance will inform you of that.

Personally, the voice guidance is sufficient enough for me and I do not need a screen as it will make the DVR bulkier. I’m also not too sure, how the screen will hold up under Singapore’s hot sun as my Marbella MX5 HD Recorder has malfunctioned after a year and resetting it doesn't help as the screen will turn blue. I checked with a Marbella sale promoter at one of the IT shows and he said that after a year, there’s no warranty and kind of hinted I am better off getting a new one since the MX5 is about a hundred.

I hope the IROAD doesn't go down the same road in a year’s time too
C:\Users\S80412~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png

Overall Experience: 9/10, as it’s only been 1 week, but so far, the recording, playback on my smartphone and PC has been very good. It definitely looks more sleek and has more functions than my previous Marbella MX5.

As mine is a trial set, I did not get a workshop to tap my car battery to use the parking mode, but if all goes well with the trial, I will gladly continue using the IROAD 7 and post a review of the parking mode in time to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
The front camera seems to have slight focus and exposure issues - the rear camera looks better but then neither is great at night time.

The toolset they use for configuration looks good though.

Didn't someone say this was the top selling model on some of the Korean websites? It seems a shame that picture quality seems to suffer at the expense of other features.

I think at S$329 for front and rear camera, it is pretty decent, considering other competitors of similar specs cost easily hundred dollars more.

I'm pretty happy with the video quality which can be seen on my YouTube upload.

Not too particular about the still images as during accidents, the video recording is the important evidence.
And I also believe the still jpeg images are taken from the video recording thus it's not perfect.

If this is compared to say the Panorama X2 which is out now that is definitely superior both night and day - it just lacks the wifi side of things but price wise is very close to this - within $10 and includes 32GB cards?

That's cool, where can I find it in Singapore at that price cause I can only see US$335.95 on ebay.

I may consider getting one for my dad if it's that price and as good as you say it is, so I can try as well :p

Yeah sorry it's had a price bump - it's showing as $410 from one of the local Korean resellers now so looks like the price is matching the others. It's quite bizarre it's cheaper to ship it from Korea to the US to Singapore than straight from Korea to Singapore!

It's a shame you just missed the crazy pricing Ojocam had on the Blacksys CF-100 as that was going for under $200 as well which would have been worth a look.

Have you got any footage of this one from a sunny day at all please?

Aww....what a waste, was looking for a car dvr as my previous one died, which is how I found the IROAD V7.

My first video was taken during the day.

If you want super sunny, I don't think I have as it's been raining very often these past few days and I just upload whatever video I have while on the road.

Had the IROAD V7 for only a week so this is what I have so far bro ;)

Maybe this one is sunnier enough??

I hope I'm wrong, however, this looks to me like a faked review by someone with a vested interest in promoting this product.

Ironham & Khim Khim are, presumably, the same person?

I hope I'm wrong, however, this looks to me like a faked review by someone with a vested interest in promoting this product.

Ironham & Khim Khim are, resumably, the same person?
Well they've used two Android phones anyway - is this a new product or something or maybe they've shipped some review samples out?

@DashCamMan can see the IPs anyway if it is anything untoward :)

Lol, am kinda flattered u guys think that way. Means my pics n videos r that gd?

Corvit should make me a partner :p

Do email them n share with them this review so maybe they'll make me one :p

Like I shared in my review, I'm doing a review with a trial set and I'm just sharing n standing by my experience ;)

Aaah......I see what u mean. There's this other dude who did a review too.

Guess he must be one of the other trial participants.

Well like I shared, I'm doing a trial review n u'll probably see my exact same post on other forums too. Nothing to hide really ;)

You might want to add some main tech.specs without redirecting link.

Also it would be nice to share raw / original files download links. You may upload to mega.co.nz and share links.

Price for HD+HD A20 CPU is very VERY high !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D IROAD 1
N IROAD 11
K IROAD 2
Back