My review of the DVR-207 (Hope you enjoy)

kiwi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DVR-207
Hey guys,

As stated in my other thread, here is a daytime review of the DVR207. (Be sure to watch in 720P)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent footage. Thank you. Are you planning on posting a night time movie too?
Funny how your wipers look like they are floppy around.

I bought one too, still waiting for it to arrive.

Delta_T said:
Excellent footage. Thank you. Are you planning on posting a night time movie too?
Funny how your wipers look like they are floppy around.

I bought one too, still waiting for it to arrive.
Glad you enjoyed it, yeah just getting around to it now. I have to now convert all the files from AVI to mp4 format, takes quite a while.

Ill grab some night footage soon, it's been unseasonally wet here lately so I gotta wait for it to pass :)

did u order urs through estore009?

when did u buy it?

i order mine on the 15th. stilll waiting...

Yes, I purchased one at eStore009 on the 10th. On the 14th I sent them an email asking if it was shipped. The next day I got the message that they had shipped it (on the 15th). So I am guessing they 'forgot'.
I have been trying to track it ever since. According to Hong Kong Post is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 21-Mar-2013. So apparently the camera is still in Hong Kong. I imagine it will take at least another two weeks before it hits the shore.
I have to say I am not happy at all with them. I understand that shipping something from HK takes time, but this is ridiculous. :cry:

I purchased mine on the 10th as well man and received it the other day. Took less then a week really, I watched it from Hong Kong, then through customs and onto Sydney. Keep in mind there is a delay in tracking the postage, I thought mine was still in Sydney (according to the tracking number I got given it was) but sure enough it was in the letter box that morning. I think it is out of Estores hands once they've posted, also there could of been a delay in them receiving your payment which could of hindered or delayed when it was sent. I paid thru PayPal and it was received pretty much pronto!

Also my latest upload http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFSjQgeaYl8 has some night footage from the DVR207, again I'm still really happy with the quality given how inexpensive it is - so grateful for a website like this or I would of ended up buying a clone or some **** inferior product.

kiwi said:
I think it is out of Estores hands once they've posted, also there could of been a delay in them receiving your payment which could of hindered or delayed when it was sent. I paid thru PayPal and it was received pretty much pronto!

I payed with Paypal the moment I ordered it, so the 5 day delay in sending it makes no sense to me.

Australia is a lot closer to Hong Kong then Canada, so I am afraid I will have to be patient. I will post when I receive it.
I can't wait to try it out. I fell for the clone trap, buying one off ebay for $30. It is a p.o.s. Definitely not HD. I contacted the seller and they refunded me $ 8 lol.
It's my mistake, that's what you get when going cheap. I posted some pics here.

KaHuNaZ said:
Is it me or does the second video you posted look blurry and out of focus?
From 1:38+ were caught from my older dashcam. Anything before 1:38 were from the DVR207

Delta_T said:
kiwi said:
I think it is out of Estores hands once they've posted, also there could of been a delay in them receiving your payment which could of hindered or delayed when it was sent. I paid thru PayPal and it was received pretty much pronto!

I payed with Paypal the moment I ordered it, so the 5 day delay in sending it makes no sense to me.

Australia is a lot closer to Hong Kong then Canada, so I am afraid I will have to be patient. I will post when I receive it.
I can't wait to try it out. I fell for the clone trap, buying one off ebay for $30. It is a p.o.s. Definitely not HD. I contacted the seller and they refunded me $ 8 lol.
It's my mistake, that's what you get when going cheap. I posted some pics here.
What editing software do you use? I use Windows Movie maker lol but I have to convert the AVI files to WMV or Mp4's due to the codecs not being recognised by Windows movie maker.

Thats the only drama i've had though, overall you'll be impressed too, I'll upload some more test footage today :)

Delta_T said:
Yes, I purchased one at eStore009 on the 10th. On the 14th I sent them an email asking if it was shipped. The next day I got the message that they had shipped it (on the 15th). So I am guessing they 'forgot'.
I have been trying to track it ever since. According to Hong Kong Post is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 21-Mar-2013. So apparently the camera is still in Hong Kong. I imagine it will take at least another two weeks before it hits the shore.
I have to say I am not happy at all with them. I understand that shipping something from HK takes time, but this is ridiculous. :cry:

That's totally normal. Shipping from China/HK, tracked or not, may take 1~6 weeks. If you need something asap, you shouldn't buy it from China.

Here is my second daytime review:

Thanks for this clip. I agree, the quality is excellent especially considering that the camera is only $70 or so.
I don't know what it is but I find it fascinating to watch these movies. It is like being a passenger on a trip in a country I've never seen before.
Btw, Id' love to have one of those Land Cruiser Pick Ups, thank you very much. Just out of curiosity, in what car did you mount your camera?

kiwi said:
What editing software do you use? I use Windows Movie maker lol but I have to convert the AVI files to WMV or Mp4's due to the codecs not being recognised by Windows movie maker. Thats the only drama i've had though, overall you'll be impressed too, I'll upload some more test footage today

I don't use any editing software, at least not for these movie clips. I have a Mac, and use VLC to play them. If I were to edit them, I would probably use Final Cut Pro.

Olli said:
That's totally normal. Shipping from China/HK, tracked or not, may take 1~6 weeks. If you need something asap, you shouldn't buy it from China.

I am not in a hurry, just exited to try it out. And yes, I know it takes way longer when you order something (with free shipping) from the other side of the world. I still find it strange that it takes the seller 5 days to even start shipping. The camera was is stock.
If I was in a hurry, I should not be living in Canada ;) Shipping always takes long, no matter where it comes from. Even if order something from the US (that's 20 minutes from here) it takes at least twee weeks before I receive it. I will open a PO box across the border soon so I can have my stuff shipped there. It is just a short drive, it will save me weeks and I won't have to deal with unreasonable brokerage and border fees.

^^
Move to Australia :D It is very similar to Canada in many aspects, full of mineral wealth and a land of opportunity ;) oa and you can get your DVR in less then a week, there was another forumer in Perth who got his in 4 days haha. I was excited as you were and it delivered on all levels so good luck.

They should sell the Holden SS ute over there, I reckon that'd be up your alley.

kiwi said:
^^
Move to Australia :D It is very similar to Canada in many aspects, full of mineral wealth and a land of opportunity ;) oa and you can get your DVR in less then a week, there was another forumer in Perth who got his in 4 days haha. I was excited as you were and it delivered on all levels so good luck.

They should sell the Holden SS ute over there, I reckon that'd be up your alley.

LOL
Naah, I am pretty happy living here. Just emigrated to Canada from Europe. Australia was on the short list. But we fell in love with this country. Here's an older clip of me driving home. No fancy dash cam, just hand held iphone.

Holden SS ? I'm not really a GM guy and 4X4 is a must in my neck of the woods.

Oh really, what made you choose Canada? Wow that's a cool clip, it almost feels like Townsville in that clip (where i'm based) with what appeared like a drier climate.

I'd actually love to move back to Auckland (i'm a kiwi obviously haha) but Auckland is almost identical or should I should New Zealand as an entirety to Portland Oregon in terms of scenery (pine trees, wet weather, cooler climate, rolling hills) it is just a breathtaking country, just beautiful. Love this:

526824_10151616135007034_1475818840_n.png

Anyway, i'm not sure what relevance any of that had to this thread, however I'll be uploading some night shots from tonight. :)

Delta_T said:
I am not in a hurry, just exited to try it out. And yes, I know it takes way longer when you order something (with free shipping) from the other side of the world. I still find it strange that it takes the seller 5 days to even start shipping. The camera was is stock. .
Yes, that's not normal :D Usually eBay sellers, at least claim (I suppose it's very easy to lie shipped date, at least for non-courier packages), ship in 1-2 business days.

Delta_T said:
If I was in a hurry, I should not be living in Canada ;) Shipping always takes long, no matter where it comes from. Even if order something from the US (that's 20 minutes from here) it takes at least twee weeks before I receive it.
I live in Finland, and have ordered many times from China. Shortest time to arrive has been approx. 5 business days, and longest 3 months! =) But, I have always received everything what I have ordered. If I order something from a Finnish e-store it takes 1-2 business days, from Sweden 3-4 business days, from UK 5-7 business days, from USA 5-10 business days.

kiwi said:
Oh really, what made you choose Canada? Wow that's a cool clip, it almost feels like Townsville in that clip (where i'm based) with what appeared like a drier climate.

I'd actually love to move back to Auckland (i'm a kiwi obviously haha) but Auckland is almost identical or should I should New Zealand as an entirety to Portland Oregon in terms of scenery (pine trees, wet weather, cooler climate, rolling hills) it is just a breathtaking country, just beautiful. Love this:
pics[/img]

Anyway, i'm not sure what relevance any of that had to this thread, however I'll be uploading some night shots from tonight. :)

Yeah, totally off topic haha, but your the thread starter, so I guess you can do whatever you want. :cool:
Funny pics, good one! I won't bugger up your thread any further. I'll pm.

kiwi said:
KaHuNaZ said:
Is it me or does the second video you posted look blurry and out of focus?
From 1:38+ were caught from my older dashcam. Anything before 1:38 were from the DVR207
Oh I see. I skipped through that part of the video. oops. :D

And a night time review :) was pretty good when viewed in 720p.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ouch DVR-XX7 1
T DVR-XX7 7
Back