My screen has gone black/dead after attempting firmware upgrade....help!

I believe that the problem came form a mixed up driver download. I have a feeling that the files on the SJCAM's website were a bit unordered and somehow the 5000X limited had some 5000X elite firmware listed. We managed to update back to original limited firmware. We were also lucky that it seems in the current batches of limited and elite the same (identical) hardware is used beside the image sensor, and I'm referring to pcb/chipset/lcd/lcd driver/switch mapping, this enabled access to menu but no image.

I believe that the problem came form a mixed up driver download. I have a feeling that the files on the SJCAM's website were a bit unordered and somehow the 5000X limited had some 5000X elite firmware listed. We managed to update back to original limited firmware. We were also lucky that it seems in the current batches of limited and elite the same (identical) hardware is used beside the image sensor, and I'm referring to pcb/chipset/lcd/lcd driver/switch mapping, this enabled access to menu but no image.
When was SJ5000x limited firmware uploaded?

It was a 5000X limited and somehow it was updated to a 5000X elite. We managed to sort it by re flashing it with the correct 5000X limited version.

It was a 5000X limited and somehow it was updated to a 5000X elite. We managed to sort it by re flashing it with the correct 5000X limited version.
Ah, I gotcha. As always, thanks for your help!

Hi everyone! Sorry to revive this post, but I'm having pretty much the same problem with my SJ5000 Plus. I managed to hard reset it before, but after screwing up this update all I'm getting is a flashing in the front LED (blue) and the red light when I connect the charger. Other than that its just a black screen and the camera won't turn on.
Any tips? I'm scared I might have really killed my camera this time
Appreciate any input you guys can provide, thanks!

usually recoverable with the correct firmware, provided they power up it can normally be reloaded

Hi everyone! Sorry to revive this post, but I'm having pretty much the same problem with my SJ5000 Plus. I managed to hard reset it before, but after screwing up this update all I'm getting is a flashing in the front LED (blue) and the red light when I connect the charger. Other than that its just a black screen and the camera won't turn on.
Any tips? I'm scared I might have really killed my camera this time
Appreciate any input you guys can provide, thanks!
You may have used the wrong firmware file, there are 3 different hardware revision with 3 different firmware groups all for the same 5000+

Read this first:
http://techtronic9000.blogspot.ro/2015/06/recover-sj5000-after-wrong-firmware.html

Files here (scroll down to where is a lot of red text)
http://techtronic9000.blogspot.ro/2015/10/sj5000-ambarella-series-firmware-and.html

If all fails than try this as a last resort:
http://techtronic9000.blogspot.ro/2015/07/recover-bricked-sj5000.html

Hey there! I finally managed to format and install the correct firmware in the links using directusb from my pc :)
Thank you so much for the quick response guys
All the best!

Hey there! I finally managed to format and install the correct firmware in the links using directusb from my pc :)
Thank you so much for the quick response guys
All the best!
Glad you figured it out. Remember that you can update your firmware via the app. Just connect your camera to the SJCAM Zone app and you will be promted to upgrade your firmware.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F SJCAM 13
K SJCAM 1
Back