My SG9663DC stopped working. Please help.

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm going now to check if it works with the cigarette lighter. When I start the car up, rec flashes once quickly. I tried without the card. Nothing.

When you change from a 3 wire power supply to a 2 wire power supply you need to long press and continuously hold down the power button for 20+ seconds until it fully boots up. (If it’s mismatched but it will behave exactly how you described)
After that you can change the power input setting to the 2-wire or 3-wire setting.

Test with the rear camera cable unplugged and GPS cable unplugged. Also leave out the memory card as another test to see if it boots up. Performing Ng a firmware update would be another troubleshooting step

Odd... Exact same thing has been happening to me too with the same model... I contacted Jon at SG though. Helped resolve the issue.

How did he resolve it?

When you change from a 3 wire power supply to a 2 wire power supply you need to long press and continuously hold down the power button for 20+ seconds until it fully boots up. (If it’s mismatched but it will behave exactly how you described)
After that you can change the power input setting to the 2-wire or 3-wire setting.

Test with the rear camera cable unplugged and GPS cable unplugged. Also leave out the memory card as another test to see if it boots up. Performing Ng a firmware update would be another troubleshooting step

I tried all of this. It's dead. Except for that quick red flash in rec when I start the car up. Nothing after that

Looks like you've had this since mid 2018. Send us a private message or direct email with your contact details if you want us to check it out on the test bench. (you can ship it to our office) If we can't get it going, I can offer some out of warranty discount options for the main camera drop-in replacement.

Looks like you've had this since mid 2018. Send us a private message or direct email with your contact details if you want us to check it out on the test bench. (you can ship it to our office) If we can't get it going, I can offer some out of warranty discount options for the main camera drop-in replacement.
Is there nothing further you can offer to try to get it running? Just because it's only 3 years old it should still have plenty of life left.

Is there nothing further you can offer to try to get it running? Just because it's only 3 years old it should still have plenty of life left.
I think there's limited things you can try yourself which you've already done so the suggestion to send the camera in is the next logical step

Here is a reply about the same problem as mine. What was the resolution here?

rajrajraj

New Member​

JoinedJul 7, 2021Messages1Reaction score0LocationHuntsville, ALCountryUnited States
Odd... Exact same thing has been happening to me too with the same model... I contacted Jon at SG though. Helped resolve the issue.

I asked rajrajraj how Jon resolved the issue. Still waiting to hear.

Do I get any discount for my 3 year old toward a new one if I send it in and it can't be fixed?

I still have my sg9665gc and it powers up fine with my existing hardwire. Can I run it until we get this resolved? It has in for the existing GPS, can I use that? And can I use out for the rear camera?

Do I get any discount for my year old if I send it in and it can't be fixed?
Yes we can offer you the main camera replacement (so you can use your existing wiring and your rear camera etc) Drop-in plug and play replacement.
Send me a private message or direct email with your contact details.

how do I private message you and what details do you need?

click on his avartar ( picture on the left ) and select start conversation, then it is just you and him

click on his avartar ( picture on the left ) and select start conversation, then it is just you and him
Thanks my Danish friend, I was wondering when you would chime in!

Back