my SG9665GC v2 beta27 - recording fails randomly

THeBaNDiT

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
(sorry for my simple english)

Hi, my dashcam has a problem. It randomly fails to record. I start my ride, everything is OK, camera starts recording, recording time is increasing. When I come to the destination, I turn on the display to check the cam, but sometimes I see, that the recording time isn't there, on it's place I see something like the time of freespace on the card and it's not changing. The hardware REC led on the top is blinking like normal, but the camera isn't recording, last video file isn't complete.

• I'm using original charging adapter in plug splitter. I tried connect the adapter right into the plug of the car, the problem persist. So the charging seems to be ok.
  • I'm using the original transcend microsd card I bought with camera. I reformated it in cam, the problem persist. I tried other card (Kingston), the problem persist. So the card seems to be ok.
  • I tried to reflash beta27 again. The cam was working few days ok but today the problem is here again...

Maybe there is some bug in the beta27 firmware (I hope), like occasional problem with deleting the oldiest videofile and then problem with recording. And maybe just my cam is broken.

Has anybody experienced this problem? I know it can be hard to found this, because the REC led is working like normal. You have to check the last files of your rides, or the GPS tracks on the map.

EDIT: I'm sorry, it's beta27, not 29, my bad...

Last edited:
Reactions: D23
Is it 32 or 64GB Transcend card you use?
Try to go back to v26 FW to see if it makes any difference.

serial number of your camera?

can you check the cards with h2testw and let us know the results?

serial number of my SG9665GC: SGGC-B15530672

transcend 300x 32gb microsd hc1.jpg
Transcend Premium 300x 10 32GB MicroSD HC1

Warning: Only 30722 of 30723 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 12.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 15.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

microsd test.JPG

serial number of my SG9665GC: SGGC-B15530672

View attachment 27665
Transcend Premium 300x 10 32GB MicroSD HC1

Warning: Only 30722 of 30723 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 12.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 15.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

View attachment 27664

Test looks OK.
Do you have chance to test with any other 32GB Class 10 card to be sure is it card or firmware issue?

Also please go back to v26 FW to see if it makes any difference.

Do you have chance to test with any other 32GB Class 10 card to be sure is it card or firmware issue?
Hi, I tried other card (Kingston), the problem persist. As I remember, it's 32GB class 10 too, I use it in my 1080p 60fps action camera SONY HDR-AS15 without any problem.

OK, I will try downgrade to fw26 and post results after some time. :)

beta 29? Did I miss something?

There are always some beta FW versions we are testing before official public release.

Also please go back to v26 FW to see if it makes any difference.
Hi, niko, where can I find beta26? I though I have it but I don't... (I jumped from beta22 right to 27)

I'm sorry, it's beta27, not 29, my bad... shame on me. :oops: I'm really sorry.

No problem. After you get time to go to v26 and test it with same Transcend card let us know results.

Hi, niko, where can I find beta26? I though I have it but I don't... (I jumped from beta22 right to 27)

I will email you, few min.

Hi, I'm here again. I downgraded FW to beta26 five days ago. There was no problem until now. The problem is still there. Hardware REC led is bliking, time at the bottom is working, but recording time is weird and freezed, and cam isn't recording. Here's the gif:

2016-12-06%2010.04.53.gif

Hi, I'm here again. I downgraded FW to beta26 five days ago. There was no problem until now. The problem is still there. Hardware REC led is bliking, time at the bottom is working, but recording time is weird and freezed, and cam isn't recording. Here's the gif:

2016-12-06%2010.04.53.gif

I have sent you PM with next steps. Please check and replay so we can go from there.

I have the same problem too. Just upgrade to Beta27 few days ago and the camera stop recording today on the road while driving
my card is 128GB Mini-sd card from samsung.
Downgrading to V26 can solve the problem?

Which exact Samsung 128GB do you use?

Which exact Samsung 128GB do you use?
this samsung:
I've tried to downgrade toV26 by copying the .bin file to the card but it seems that the camera didn't recognize the .bin file

Attachments

• Samsung 128.JPG
    Samsung 128.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 18
Back