My Thinkware U1000 doesn't stay connected to my hotspot when the car is off

Most mobile hotspots I’ve used have setting to make them go into sleep mode. Make sure you turn that off. I was going insane the first time I used a mobile hotspot. Later I learned of that setting.
lots of them don't have the setting either, they just go to sleep if no activity for some period

Don't you just love it when people come on forums, ask a question and then never return...

I've the same problem, I posted some days ago. At the moment I've not solved. I tried all...

I just turn off my cell phone hotspot so that the dashcam disconnects from it and then press the wifi button on the dashcam twice for it to find the new “home” hotspot.
Found this to be more reliable than walking away with the dashcam still connected to the phone.
Hello Caveman, I am wondering how to connect to the "Home" hotspot. Could you please share the detail how to do it? I would like to try this because my car park very close to my home Wifi. Thanks.

Don't you just love it when people come on forums, ask a question and then never return...

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that the OP hasn't been back since he made the original post.

I'm guessing he RTFM and figured it out himself...

Hello Caveman, I am wondering how to connect to the "Home" hotspot. Could you please share the detail how to do it? I would like to try this because my car park very close to my home Wifi. Thanks.
You just need to put in the ssid of your home wifi along with its password ( from the mobile app ) it should work from there. I use a LTE hotspot in my car and that is how I set it . So it should be a similar process for your home wifi

Back