My Twin Cam Mazda 3

Chris Hunt

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VIOFO..DOD..
MINI08071.gif mini08072.gif mini08073.gif MINI08071.gif mini08072.gif mini08073.gif Mini 0807 Vs 0806

Couldn't get them exactly aligned as the OBD power cable is a straight plug into the GPS unit only on the 0807, and also on this firmware you cannot rotate the screen/camera 180 degrees. So best fit meant one cam sits slightly higher than the other (didn't want to move the 0806 to make them sit nice and even).

Day and night side by side videos of 0807 Vs 0806 to follow in the next few days.

MINI08071.gif mini08072.gif mini08073.gif MINI08071.gif mini08072.gif mini08073.gif

"Stereo" vision :p (Y)

I can't wait to see videos of the new sensor and processor combination especially at night.

Twin-cam, - in case one fails ? Good idea !
I can see you also have a sun-visor clip mount with 1/4 tripod screw, - is this used for Joovuu-X ?

Twin-cam, - in case one fails ? Good idea !
I can see you also have a sun-visor clip mount with 1/4 tripod screw, - is this used for Joovuu-X ?

Hi Niko,

Nice spot....the tripod mount (sticky back not clip) is indeed for the JooVuu X. I have been playing with an X beta cam for a few months now.

I Power the Mini 0807 off the OBD 11 port. And the Mazda has two separate cig plugs so I can also power both the X and the 0806 of separate supplies.

Good for doing side by side comparison video if i need to.

Will post some 08007 Vs 0806 side by side video in a few days time. Day and Night.

Anyone else notice that high pitched squeal in the background?

have these been edited or re-encoded at all?

No...they were direct upload from camera to PC and PC direct to MEGA and Youtube...no editing or re encoding at all.

Yes.... sample camera is still running on Beta Firmware.....

Yes.... sample camera is still running on Beta Firmware.....
does the focus look ok in still shots, it looks like it's out but I don't think that's the cause of the problem, would make things worse if it was out though

bitrate is very low for A7 also

I will take some stills and check focus later today...will get some microfibre onto the windscreen and lens as well to be sure...... and get some fresh video and stills onto Mega late today.

YouTube links of day videos using Beta Firmware are here with raw video links at the bottom.

Night video will follow in a day or two,

https://mega.nz/#!MgJlgIpL!5X0oeg4Ktro7tb2NSqWk34nxGLAHJJgSpbbZXRSJEJ0

https://mega.nz/#!o1JWjIKT!kpzqGlwQU-NfHx5dBA-r0OYP3fcQ9Cv-362TC-o_Wgc
I thought the route looks familiar to me in the beginning and I was right - La Perouse. The video is very soft and poorly focused, I hope they can correct the focus before it goes into production model.

Out of topic - I was there a month a ago and shot some aeriel video with my DJI Phantom 3. It's in fast forward:

I thought the route looks familiar to me in the beginning and I was right - La Perouse. The video is very soft and poorly focused, I hope they can correct the focus before it goes into production model.

Out of topic - I was there a month a ago and shot some aeriel video with my DJI Phantom 3. It's in fast forward:

Hi Efoo,

Yep Le Perouse ...great little spot.

That drone is amazingly stable in flight....great pictures...i guess to get aerial video that good comes at a nice price as well. :)

The video is very soft and poorly focused, I hope they can correct the focus before it goes into production model.

I think it was as much me as the early firmware.. I think the focus is okay ...I took to both sides of the windscreen with a microfibre cloth as there was a lot of residue gunk on the inside.

Anyway new day video here with cleaner glass all round.....same route....one of my favourites.

and raw file for anyone interested here.

https://mega.nz/#!sooQBC5C!6MrFBJR7CZe0D8hI8KuhzRbC6zyukMjXn6TThpJOpNQ

Nop, the focus is awful.
Hope they will refocus it.
Im planning to buy it as soon as they release it, but now i think its bad decision after viewing this video.

Nop, the focus is awful.
Hope they will refocus it.
Im planning to buy it as soon as they release it, but now i think its bad decision after viewing this video.

I'd wait until they finish the firmware before making any decisions either way

I agree that new video is still unacceptable. The only thing that seems to be in focus and sharp is the dashboard of Chris's car, everything else out in front of his car is poorly focused. Like jokiin said, we'll wait to see the final product.

I had the same problem with the MINI 0903 NANO Q .

Dashboard sharp and crisp, but everything arround looks fuzzy.
And while driving in the dark hardly able to read any license plate.
(not sharp passing a car on the highway or driving directly behind another car way to overexposed)
turning of headlights while parking in the dark resulting in screen noise in the video
Overall i think combined with the new sony IMX322 Sensor not an improvement compared to the 0806 version :(

Back