My VIOFO A129 Plus Duo is not powering up.....

Drift510

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there my camera suddenly died on me the other day and now there is no power going to it. I had the camera for a little over a year now, I've had it hard wire to record 24/7. I checked all the fuses and all working fine. I thought maybe if I unplugged it and wait a couple seconds maybe it will come back on, but nope noting no lights nothing. So I tried with the cigarette light port plug that it came with the camera, nothing no lights no power. I tried it with the USB plug and connect it with the computer, still nothing no power or any lights. i tried it with a power bank still nothing no light no power. I've even tried to plug it into the outlet and still nothing. I can't power the camera up to even update the camera as I read about people saying that maybe it needed update to fix the problem but I can't. I am at a lost here as I think I might need to buy another camera.

You've had it recording 24/7 for a year

Is that full recording or overnight parking mode ?

Both full recording and overnight parking mode, and yes I had it recording for over a year. Yea nothing power the camera up as I tried all the steps, I think the camera was just on it's last day and finally gave up. I've looked into getting another camera as the new VIOFO now has a 3 in 1 camera setup where you can now record the inside.

Maybe try powering it up with no SD Card, and pressing the power button.
Warranty is 1 year, or 18 months with registration.
Maybe submit a ticket for warranty, the worse they can say is no.
Maybe they will give you a discount torward a new camera.
-Chuck

I tried it without the SD card but I don't see a power button on the camera but I will give it another shot. Yes I have submitted a ticket and waiting for a response.

Oops, I meant RESET button.
You need a paper clip, or sim card tool, or pin.
-Chuck

Yea that didn't work either tried it from the car hard wire itself, cigarette light port plug, USB plug to computer, outlet plug and power bank to reset the camera nothing works to make the camera power on but the camera does get warm but not hot enough to overheat.

Hi there I finally got my camera back after sending the camera back in to fixed. the camera Works now don't know how they fixed it but there were some new features on the camera that didn't have before. I'm guessing they did an update too. I can't power the camera before therefore I can't get the update I've tried all the resources i can think of trying to power the camera back up for an update. Some how they managed to power the camera up and update which only cost me $30 to send it to get it fix rather then buying a new one for $130, lol lets see how long this last.

Back