My Wi-Fi turns off when I turn off my car and I can not enable the Parking mode on my Viovo 129 Pro Dual Dash Cam

Nivla

Reaction score
4445 Cotton Court Apt#8, Stockton CA 95207
Country
United States
I installed hard wire kit recommended for this Dash camera, but it won't go into parking mode, because as soon as I turn off my car the camera goes off and it will not activate when I shake the slam the car door test if it is the parking mode. I had this same problem with a Rexing Dash camera, which is why I returned it and bought this one by Viovo; hoping to avoid the same problem.

Can someone help me correct this problem? It

Yon need a hard wire kit to be able to do parking mode, and one from the brand itself not just some generic hard wire kit.
If you have that and the camera shut off, then you probably have the hard wire kit wired up wrong.

O sorry and i forgot my manners :oops:

Welcome to the forum Nivla

Yon need a hard wire kit to be able to do parking mode, and one from the brand itself not just some generic hard wire kit.
If you have that and the camera shut off, then you probably have the hard wire kit wired up wrong.
Thanks, I bought the hard wire kit from amazon and they said it would work with my 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport. I use the fuse tap kit which has two slots (one for the exiting fuse and one for another fuse, I put a 5 amp fuse in the location they told me to and it still does not work. I think it may be a problem with firmware, perhaps I should check for updates. The camera comes on when I turn the car power on and it shuts down when I turn the power off. I will keep experimenting.

It is very disappointing that so many people are having this same issue and no professional technician from Viovo will provide reliable feed back to help resolve this issue.

Using parking guard is something new to me though i have been in this game for a long time, but it is not on a viofo camera i do that. ( i do have the new A139 for testing )

The way i understand it the appropriate viofo HK3 hard wire kit is a 3 wire kit, so if that is the one you have, and the camera record fine while the car is on, then you might have the two +12 V wires mixed up, so the ACC one are on a always live circuit and the BATT one are on a ACC circuit.
As i recall the yellow wire is the one that go to a ACC circuit, and the red one is the one that go to a always on circuit.
The piggy back fuse adapters, the bottom slot is the one for the fuse you piggyback on, the top one are for the new circuit you make, and a 5A fuse will be just fine for that.

As your car is a 2017 one it could have some smarts in the power system, this can make it hard to determine what fuses are actually the best ones to use, unlike my cheap 2012 bottom of the barrel Suzuki car, which have no smarts what so ever aside for its driver.
Most often this is the ACC wire that is hard to figure out a good fuse to tab into.

Viofo did have some issues with some parking modes on a model but unsure if the 129 pro duo was it, as i recall it was just one of the modes and others work fine.
Personally on the camera i use parking guard on i use always record low bitrate and then i have the G sensor on too, and use a 1 hour cut off as i dont really need parking guard other than when i am shopping.

It sound odd you would have the same problem with 2 different systems, you shouldent by any chance be using the same fuses to tab into for both systems. ?

I bought the hardwire kit from amazon and I also ordered a fuse cap kit (you will need it because, unfortunately the hardwire kit does not come with them; with out the fuse cap kit you can not use the parking mode feature of the Vioso A129 dual Pro Dash Cam.

Attachments

• fusecapkit._SY90_.jpg
    fusecapkit._SY90_.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1
  • image_2021-03-10_192852.png
    image_2021-03-10_192852.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
your link doesn't work, from the tiny thumbnails you posted it would seem you have the right kit, if that's the case then check your setup, looks like you've made a mistake there somewhere

I installed hard wire kit recommended for this Dash camera, but it won't go into parking mode, because as soon as I turn off my car the camera goes off and it will not activate when I shake the slam the car door test if it is the parking mode. I had this same problem with a Rexing Dash camera, which is why I returned it and bought this one by Viovo; hoping to avoid the same problem.

Can someone help me correct this problem? It

Make, Model, Year of your vehicle? If we can pull up the fuse box layout from the manual, we can offer guidance on what fuses to try for a proper hardwire.

First port of call is get a multimeter or voltmeter or find someone who has one. Measure the voltage on the 2 fuse taps then turn of your ignition and see if the voltage goes. As others have said, it sounds very much as though you are losing power on the red wire when turning off the ignition instead of the yellow wire.

First port of call is get a multimeter or voltmeter or find someone who has one. Measure the voltage on the 2 fuse taps then turn of your ignition and see if the voltage goes. As others have said, it sounds very much as though you are losing power on the red wire when turning off the ignition instead of the yellow wire.

Or an LED light tester to check which fuses are live with battery and ignition. Far easier and less complicated.

And if you get the right one it offers both light and meter so you can see the voltage. Having it in your hand already makes it so much easier than having a box with leads that you have to keep turning towards to look at the display. I once had the same camera you do but it died before I could hardwire it which led me to the Thinkware unit.

All hardwire kits are three wire with a black (ground), red (always on) and yellow (accessory or ignition controlled on). I use a Cellink NEO which tells my camera, Thinkware U1000, when to go into parking mode and when to go back to continuous record plus it tells me how much power the camera is pulling and how much run time it has left not to mention that I can access it from inside the house while the car sits on the driveway.

Red and yellow are switched around with some HWK's- always read the instructions or look at the label tags on those wires!

Phil

Back