MyNextbase Connect (IOS)

You seem to be more knowledgeable than me, ive managed to take a still pic on wherethe app want permissions....sothat i can send that to support, but how the heck do i get that onto my pc so i can send in e mail????Frustrated of Plymouth

This is the first chance to test during a long drive using MyNextbase Connect 1.1.3 and firmware R16.3. Unfortunately on my outward journey I had to use my hands free quite a lot so got little chance to try with Alexa, although the recording worked perfectly. The homeward journey was different. Within one minute of setting off I called out 'Alexa' and received the 'ding' prompt, followed by a triple tone and the camera locked up with only the MPH screensaver showing 17MPH. It stayed locked up for the whole of my journey home, roughly 45 miles and recorded nothing. What is interesting is that 20 minutes away from home I unplugged power adapter and the camera stayed on the 17MPh screensaver all the way home. After some reports of poor battery life I was amazed at this although in the locked up state, and not recording, perhaps the power drain is limited. At home I had to press the reset button and noticed the camera was very hot again, my bad for not taking the instant read thermometer and reset tool with me (ballpoint pen).

For the time being I will disable Alexa until further updates to this issue (is it only me? NBC 1.1.2 worked perfectly for me)

PS:- @NextBase Support are very quiet on here at the moment, are they just monitoring potential issues?

Last edited:
Spuds, Im confused, which is not difficult sometimes, I had a 312 previously and that recorded as soon as I sign on, Iv had to press the record symbol on the screen, is that correct? Thanks

@Milpol1 In the car it should start recording as soon as the ignition switch is turned on, depending upon how it is wired. You don't have to press the touchscreen to start recording unless you are powering through the USB connector and not the mount.

Sorted now, senior meduim................Just gotta sort out SOS now and ill be happy, question should the screen go off but keep recording after a certain time0, mine stays on permanently? Ta

@Milpol1 in settings set the screensaver for the amount of time to blank the screen. It will still record.

Turn on the screen saver function to shut down the screen after a chosen period of inactivity
You can also choose for the screensaver to show your current speed.
Options:
On and Off and Speed Display

Doesnt give you a time, just a period of inactivity, rather strange

The screensaver comes on after 30 seconds of not touching it, IIRC.

Sorted, just gotta sort SOS function now, tried for 3 days now and not happening

Sorted, just gotta sort SOS function now, tried for 3 days now and not happening
You’ll get there. Small steps and lots of questions. We’re all here to help each other as best we can.

IHas anybody had cause to remove the 312 camera holder, I need to move it to another position, just wondering howstrong the adhesive is and would it be reusable in a different position or do i need to purchse a further double sided adhesive pad? Ta in advance.

It will be rendered pretty useless on removal, so no and yes respectively.

SOS function constantly dropping on 522GW hardwired to car battery and app version 1.1.5 (30336) installed on iPhone XS Max iOS 12.4. Get red screen on dash cam. very annoying

Back