MyNextbase Connect (IOS)

I usually use Waze on my iPhone as SatNav and the 522 / NextBase app with Bluetooth and Alexa enabled happily do their thing with the iPhone powered by a USB cigar lighter charger. The iPhone will happily charge quite quickly. Yesterday I turned on the Emergency SOS and Incident Aware functions in the latest version of the app. Suddenly the iPhone can no longer keep up with Waze running and looses about 1% of battery every 2 minutes! Turning the new features off again returns the iPhone charging to normal. I don't know which of these two new functions is causing this issue as I haven't had time to experiment yet to find out. So, be aware if you use Waze on your iPhone!

Also, with Emergency SOS turned on, the 522 screensaver function stops working. Again, turning this feature off restores the screensaver function.

As an unrelated side note, whilst I was playing with all this yesterday, the IOS app offered me a camera firmware upgrade to v16.2 (I think). I declined as I prefer to do these firmware things at home via a cable on the PC. I went to investigate the newly offered firmware late last night and both the IOS and PC apps are now telling me that I am already up-to-date with v15 !!!

Last edited:
Very happy to report that after the new update of MyNextbase connect (version 1.1.2) all the Alexa features I use operate without fault. No more locking up of the dashcam whilst streaming music and now I can tell Alexa to stop and she does. Many thanks @NextBase Support for listening and addressing these issues so promptly. It is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Spuds.........................where did you get that update version 1.1.2 as Ive lookedand the version in Play Store is reading 1.1.1 Thanks

Hi Spuds.........................where did you get that update version 1.1.2 as Ive lookedand the version in Play Store is reading 1.1.1 Thanks
The thread titile is
"
MyNextbase Connect (IOS)". If you are looking in the Play store I think you are looking at a version for the Android not the iPhone. Hope this helps.

Thanks...............yes it was for android not Ipphpne that I have. Thanks for quick reply

MyNextbase Connect 1.1.3 released. Tried today and the camera locked up and stopped recording on my outward journey, had to press the reset button. Coincided with the receiving of a text message when Alexa was reading the weather forecast. No problem on the return journey. Just noticed a firmware update from R15.0 to R16.3 will install this and see if that fixes it. (can't see a change log for this update yet)

Last edited:
Yes downloaded that version earlier, still having a problem trying to finish the SOS part of it, unable to get past the permissions presently, just waiting on reply from them

Yes downloaded that version earlier, still having a problem trying to finish the SOS part of it, unable to get past the permissions presently, just waiting on reply from them
Have you updated the camera firmware to R16.3 from R15.0? (If using the 522GW)

Im on 322 and the firmware is 14.8 which is the latest according to the website

Im on 322 and the firmware is 14.8 which is the latest according to the website
Don't go by the website, notoriously slow to update their pages. Plug in your camera and run MyNextbase Player to check for updates.

Regards Spuds

God this firmware check has taken over 30 mins and still checking

God this firmware check has taken over 30 mins and still checking
Somethings not right there. It came up instantly on MyNextbase Connect. Are you doing it on a PC or via the app?

Via the app, just started it again and still checking after 8 minutes

Keeps referring me to the NextBase Player every time i do through the PC

They've still not update the 522GW download link on that page @Kremmen, it still points to R15.0

I did it through this on the 322 and followed the instructions but as soon as i press get to the paste part it refers to nextbase player again.

Ah, yes, it does say 15.0 but I'm not up to speed on the 522.

If it's still pointing to an app then surely that's not using a PC !

Back