N2 Pro rear camera always in black and white

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
... Even during the daylight hours. When the unit first turns on, it is in color for a second, then switches to black and white immediately. No matter how bright it is outside. Is there a setting or adjustment for this? I tried searching, but didn't find anyone else having this issue. The front camera is fine, this only is a problem with the rear facing camera. Thanks!

You can turn off the IR LED in the menu.

I would like to use them at night, I wouldn’t think I should have to turn them on and off every day.

not sure how it work, ideally you want it to be automated like in CCTV cameras, so when it get dark the camera turn on IR LED's and disengage IR cut filter and go into B&W mode.

BUT ! i don't think its like that with many cameras of this kind, so eager to get postal to get their finger out so i can get my hands on the B2W that according to tracking have been at my post office since last Friday.
Just to see how that particular "uber" camera handle that issue.

My N2 Pro switches between color and B&W correctly with IR LED functioning following along. My rear cam may be the best part of the one I've got. I don't have the manual handy but I don't think there's a settings option for that although the IR LED's are menu-switchable.

It seems to me this cam is generally good, but several individual users have experienced some odd problems which the factory seems hesitant to address (or worse). Not sure what's going on with that as my last two attempts to contact the factory reps I once worked with there doing testing/reviews went unanswered when I was trying to help others with problems :( I can't recommend this one anymore- newer and better "Taxi cams" are on the market now.

Phil

you can try to default the dash cam or update the firmware, hope it can help.

I would like to use them at night, I wouldn’t think I should have to turn them on and off every day.

Or you can set the night mode to Auto one, with the power button.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S N2 Pro 3
Back