Nagigator 8 sound problem

dunno dashcam

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have an issue with playing back the footage from my Navigator 8 dash cam playing directly from the card in VLC media player. Yet if I open it into Cyberlink Director 14, it plays perfectly.

So I am posting to show it is not always the camera, but the program you choose to play it back with.

This is only in the last six months. Prior to that time Vlc played the video with no problems. This is happening with two of the same cams so it is not the card. The cards were bought with the cams from the same supplier, and work in other cams fine.
I have found the issue and am only posting for others info.I don't know whether VLC is changing and not accepting the codecs or what but I am happy to simply play the captured video in the cyberlink program.

Not sure how to embed here but. I put it onto utube here
Navigator 8 problem

Haha i got the exact same audio issue, but once it have been thru power director 17 it is gone.
I assume it is a VLC problem cuz play the same video in any of the windows players and the sound are just fine.
Just noticed using a video from my guard track camera, the windows film & TV player the video lag, but i played three 4K/60 videos at the same time a few days ago and using the same windows player for one of them it did not lag.

Video in a few minutes.

Software and hardware here are up to date and top notch, so i assume it is in the software.

Same computer playing three 4K / 60 H.265 videos at the same time, using VLC / windows film & TV player and windows media player.

Last edited:
current version of VLC has a bug with audio playback, we had a bunch of people open support tickets saying their microphones had problems, was a VLC update that was the problem

Yeah i figured so, and then at once tried another player and the sound was good, so must be a VLC bug.

SOP ( Standard Operating Procedure ) if something don't work try something similar in this case playback software.
With a dashcam if could also be try another power source or try another memory card depending on the issue at hand.

It happen, only politicians are perfect.

Seems that the 32 bit version 3.07 is the last one which works correctly. I heard of the issues and haven't updated VLC since then so with my current cams I'm still good-to-go :cool:

Phil

Back