NanoCam+ NCP-MIRDVRHD2 rear view mirror dash cam rear cam access

aussie372

Reaction score
Country
Australia
my wife has a
NanoCam+ NCP-MIRDVRHD2 rear view mirror dash cam
. she had a rear end accident today , and when we try and view the footage , there is only the forward view to be seen . Does anyone know how to activate the rear cam . In case we need to view it again ( hopefully not )
thanks for any info

Not sure if this are actually a dual channel camera and so also record the rear camera too, it would not surprise me if the rear camera are just a reversing aid.
Normally with the dual channel cameras both cameras are recorded as default and nothing have to be done to do that, and you cant even change that aside for unplugging the rear camera.

it should be recording the rear channel, some of these cheap ones record both videos into one data stream, you may need a different player to view the second channel

O thats right i totally forgot those, there are some writing in here about those and splitting off the 2 steam, but ill be damned if i can recall where.
Dident the camera come with a player that should be able to play both cameras,,,,, the regular media players will just play the one.

O thats right i totally forgot those, there are some writing in here about those and splitting off the 2 steam, but ill be damned if i can recall where.
Dident the camera come with a player that should be able to play both cameras,,,,, the regular media players will just play the one.

they do normally come with a player but I think with some formats VLC can play them but you have to manually change to the second channel

Sorry for the late replies . There wasnt a player that came with the cam . Would anyone have a suggestion on how to split the streams if there is 2

Have tried medis player . And vlc . Im not computer literate.

in VLC right click on the video while it's playing, scroll down to video, then video track, if there is more than one file embedded in the stream you should see the option to select the second video stream there

in VLC right click on the video while it's playing, scroll down to video, then video track, if there is more than one file embedded in the stream you should see the option to select the second video stream there
thanks it appears that there is only 1 video file . I have emailed the manufacturer as to why the rear cam doesnt record . Seeing as it was the reason we brought the setup .

Back