Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
screen snap:

14DFETX}E[VT{M$LAX{YM(X.jpg EV6D[O2J{~GDAAUG70`%8%6.jpg JIMED235RQOS54OP8WIU2_P.jpg NBL$NH0QR1L)2~(T4)KM%~5.jpg O5YPG]]48C_Y_95K)OBKNTW.jpg YI202YPJ6)5(FL8(G]W(]PE.jpg

video clips on youtube:

Thanks for watching.

sorry the device time was not set when took those videos.

I am impressed with the second photo, at night with no nearby shop and little street light.

Night video is nice. The only thing I realised is that after CMOS sensor get "warmed up" - there are hot-pixels start appearing. On 1st 3min video there are no hot-pixels, but on 2nd night video ( 10 min after ) there are hot-pixels starts appearing.

Is there any raw / original video files that can be downloaded ?

Night video is nice. The only thing I realised is that after CMOS sensor get "warmed up" - there are hot-pixels start appearing. On 1st 3min video there are no hot-pixels, but on 2nd night video ( 10 min after ) there are hot-pixels starts appearing.
That is normal for that sensor, you will only see the hot pixels in very low light, as soon as it gets brighter they are gone. I think the sensor also does some calibration on startup so you don't always get the same hot pixels.

Lens is nice and sharp over the whole image.

And this time, Rayman has cleaned his windscreen for the test :D

That is normal for that sensor, you will only see the hot pixels in very low light, as soon as it gets brighter they are gone. I think the sensor also does some calibration on startup so you don't always get the same hot pixels.

Lens is nice and sharp over the whole image.

Yeah, most ppl will not realise hot-pixels. I just have more "tuned-eyes" from long experience ;)
I checked 3rd nigh-video and at the beginning you can see hot-pixels at same places as on 2nd video, but by the end of 3rd video those hot-pixels are "fading-away". I wonder if it has some sort of automatic hot-pixel fix ?

Yeah, most ppl will not realise hot-pixels. I just have more "tuned-eyes" from long experience ;)
I checked 3rd nigh-video and at the beginning you can see hot-pixels at same places as on 2nd video, but by the end of 3rd video those hot-pixels are "fading-away". I wonder if it has some sort of automatic hot-pixel fix ?
I think it is because of the white van, the exposure has been reduced a little, you only get the hot pixels visible at absolute maximum exposure.

As this will be a prototype camera, I guess the sensor has not had the hot pixels mapped, probably most of them would not appear in a production camera.

I checked the videos again and again trying to understand the HOT PIXELS you guys mentioned.
May I get some prompt with a snap picture?

Usually on night video the hot pixels are just white pixels that appear stuck in the same place Rayman :) They look like stars but are always in the same place, once the camera has been on a while the problem usually gets worse due to sensor heat etc

I checked the videos again and again trying to understand the HOT PIXELS you guys mentioned.
May I get some prompt with a snap picture?
Pixels that are always on and don't move with the image, three are circled here, click image to view full size:
HotPixels.png

noticed. will check those again on the pre-production cameras.

infact this is not only a prototype, we have made 3 step by step versions.
1st, NT96655 with independent AR0330 lens moudle, but can't pass 55C heating test;
2nd, NT96655 with AR0330 on board, can't pass 60C heating test, as the camera is too small;
3rd, upgrade to IMX322 sensor on board fit with 7G lens, can pass 65C heating test but many hot pixels; so the recommend working tempreture is still under 60C; (we use those samples to optimize firmware and took the video clips above.)
NEXT:
4th, improve PCB design for 100pcs pre-production preparing, under SMT schedule now.
5th, that willl be the mass production procedure for limited quantity. I believe that batch will be much better.

instead of this, I bought a new hybrid SUV for the test. :p

Last edited:
Which differences exist between this one and the mini 0807? Both use Sony IMX322 and capacitor ...

In this model can we have different degrees of viewing angle or only one is available (135)? Also highest bitrate would be nice to have ...

Last edited:
In this model can we have different degrees of viewing angle or only one is available (135)? Also highest bitrate would be nice to have ...

only a 7G F1.7 135D lens provided. you can try other lens and test. :)

Back