Narrative Clip - a tiny, automatic camera with searchable app and shareable photographic memory

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
A wearable DashCam? Interesting.

iPhone Compatible Narrative Clip Coming Next Month
http://modmyi.com/content/12389-iphone-compatible-narrative-clip-coming-next-month.html

narrative.jpg

Get ready for Narrative Clip - a tiny, automatic camera and app that gives you a searchable and shareable photographic memory.

From the former Swedish company called Memoto, the firm has been rebranded as "Narrative" and the Narrative Clip is the company's first official product.

Beginning November 1st, the wearable gadget will start shipping. But the first recipients will be its Kickstarter backers and others who preordered the wearable camera that lets users create "a continuous life log."

Beyond the first wave of shipments, the company confirms on its blog, Narrative will continue shipping as quickly as possible. "In a couple of weeks," a blog entry reads, "we will have an interface ready where you can log in with your email address to see an estimate on when your unit will arrive."

To learn more about the Narrative Clip, which comes in three colors and is priced at $279, click here.

Source: Narrative
http://getnarrative.com

Remember every moment.
Have you thought about how much of life goes missing from your memories? Many fantastic and special moments become blurred together after a while and it feels like life just rushes by, too fast for us to grasp.

The team at Narrative wanted to find a way to relive more of our lives in the future - and enjoy the present as it happens.

Why we're doing this
Our search for the ultimate lifelogging device started with gathering people from all walks of life and asking them about their use of pictures and photographing. We let them try our very early prototypes of the camera and listened to their spontaneous thoughts about it. Then, we grouped their answers according to their expectations and needs:

Memory - more pictures in order to remember more
"I wish I had more pictures to look back on and remember who I was with and where I've been." Falko, 34

Re-experience - reliving moments from one own's and other people's lives
"If I had the opportunity to relive a moment, I would like to see when my parents were young, specifically a situation I've heard about not playing out the way they've told me..." Marcus, 27

"I think the camera would capture things from a different perspective and that it wouldn't be as much of a re-experience as a completely new one." Elias, 26

Surprise - having pictures that wouldn't have been taken
"Coming home from a trip, I often find myself with pictures I could just have googled. I feel I often miss (documenting) the nice, small moments in ordinary life. I'd rather have one picture of that nice alley we passed in Paris, than five of the Eiffel Tower." Ulrika, 25

Being present - avoid disturbing a "magic" moment
"I rarely take photographs in social situations because it would disrupt the interaction I'm having." Amelie, 25

Life improvement - using data to observe and change behaviour
"Maybe it would be a wake-up call, making me change my routines and develop more as a person." Jenny, 38

Preservation - documenting our children's life
"I want the pictures to be saved so the kids and I can look at them later. I think it's important that the kids remember everyday things, stuff that may get lost. I don't want us to just save pictures from ceremonial events." Johan, 47

Control - knowing the pictures are stored safely
"I can see myself using this, as long as I have perfect control (over my photos)." Jenny, 38

Convenience - having an automatic service manage the pictures
"I like the idea of not having to do anything myself, and not having to figure out how to manage 5000 pictures later on." Ulrika, 25

Doesn't seem fit for a dashcam, kinda like mounting a GoPro as a dashcam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back