Nautilus Camera's insutruction and tech guide.

Eve_Lyn

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Last edited:
The Nautilus Camera is named by Mat(Techmoan),named after Captain Nemo’s submarine - because it can go underwater.
Thank you very much for the unbiased review of this camera.And thank you so much for such an excellent name.

Htinter(Hetai company) is the manufacturer and developer of #3,#11,#18,#26 camera.Also developed and produced Innovv C series cameras.

And we have launched a new camera recently-----Nautilus Cam ----- Innovative, unique camera.

Specification of this camera:

Feature:waterproof itself,no extra waterproof case needed(to 5 meters)
wifi function(connect to smartphone,long distance control)

image sensor:1/2.7" 1080P HD Color COMS Sensor OV2710
vedio record:1920X1080 30fps / 1280X720 60fps (H.264)
vedio format:.MOV
lens:6 Glass,F/ON=2.4,f=3.0mm,diagonal 115°/ horizontal 103° / vertical angle 92°
Memory: support up SD card up to 32GB(class 4 or higher is highly recommended. sandisk,kingston.etc.original authentic memory card)
I / O terminals: USB 2.0 (some time ago,many people recommended us to use USB type C,and we get some information from the supplier,because it is not used widely in CN now,so the price is too high to accept.But we have taken this into account)
function key:
1.SHUTTER key
2.POWER (press on 1 second starting up/power off)
3.MODE(1080P@30fps /720p@60fps / 8M Picture /Motion Detect/ WIFI
Motion detect

EC}M{(SJV}{V3{HL_0X~~ID.png
When you use the camera to record vedio,will generate these four files into your sd card.
The vedio will save in "VEDIO"
The pictures will save in"JPG"

If the camera was impacted suddenly.The vedio will be saved in "EVENT" as a lock file

The "update" is a .txt file to instead the GUI.So you no need to download the GUI from our link(the link should be updated once in a while).And lots of version.It is more convenient more. Or you can use the wifi function,you can change the setting directly on your phone.No need PC.

The "update" is a .txt file to instead the GUI.So you no need to download the GUI from our link(the link should be updated once in a while).And lots of version.It is more convenient more. Or you can use the wifi function,you can change the setting directly on your phone.No need PC.
Eve,
Not all the settings are available in Wi-Fi settings.
Only these settings are available so for other settings, we do have to modify the update.txt file unless new firmware adds those settings in the Wi-Fi mode.

screenshot_2015-08-03-07-54-46-png.15750

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh,so sorry for "disappear" for a long time.
Dear Sunny,thank you for your kindly remind.
I am so sorry that I didn't state it very clearly.
When you change the setting by your mobile phone,you need to prepare an OTG cable.
So you can change the settings on your phone.Then insert the SD card into your camera again.It will update automatically.:)

upload_2015-8-13_16-9-12.jpeg
upload_2015-8-13_16-9-22.jpegupload_2015-8-13_16-9-40.jpeg

Eve,
Not all the settings are available in Wi-Fi settings.
Only these settings are available so for other settings, we do have to modify the update.txt file unless new firmware adds those settings in the Wi-Fi mode.

screenshot_2015-08-03-07-54-46-png.15750

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-13_16-9-34.jpeg
    upload_2015-8-13_16-9-34.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Video:
We now use time to name the video's file:
upload_2015-8-13_17-1-6.png
"20140707" is the year,month,date
"214422" is hour,minute,second

It is more clearly than before.

Operating temperature:
The operating tempreture can reach to 60℃.
Some of our clients told us that the camera will get very hot when using the camera.
And we tested it with #26 camera (if you used #26 camera before,you will find that #26 get hot very quickly.It is because the very high quality video.)

Hi,

where new firmware can be found and how can it be updated? Is there any GUI to control the parameter settings?

Can download form official website: http://www.htinter.com/download.html/

Hi, I am a professional trucker so I drive trucks for a living, and always use the Mobius camera for dashcam use, because of reliablillity, form factor and great daytime video, so please count me in for experience on this area.

I am looking for a camera with the same size / form factor but with better night recordings and I am impressed by the night time video quality of the Nautilus, but I am really NOT YET convinced to buy it because:

1) No GUI, it must be easy to change settings, and idiot proof (yes I am one ;)), and not some text file that is an open door to make errors.

2) In auto exposure setting Nautilus' daylight recordings are exessively overexposed. And we really needs auto exposure because we drive from dark to light and to dark again, and we can't fiddle around with camera's while at work..... hope you understand. So developer needs to find a way to have same exellent night recording, and less exposed daytime recording in AUTO EXPOSURE mode. Please check that with the developers.

3) Wifi is useless if you can't change ALL settings. It should be an easy job for firmware / software developers. Change that and I become customer!

4) Why not have camera preview over wifi to your phone? That may be more difficult, and is not really a must for me, but would be nice.

And then there's one other question about your store, you are selling camera's C1, C2 and C3. These are the INNOVV camera's, correct?

hey I also just bought a Nautilus camera and I have two questions:

1) Is there any FIRMWARE update?

2) can you post a video on how to DISASSEMBLE the camera?

Thanks!

Hi @Eve_Lyn! Can you please post disassemble instructions? My Nautilus camera have dust inside the lens and i intend cu clean it up. You can see in below pictures:

Attachments

• 20160627_204556.JPG
    20160627_204556.JPG
    754.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160627_204619.JPG
    20160627_204619.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20160627_205132.JPG
    20160627_205132.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Back