Navman MiVue850 bricked after getting reflashed with the wrong model BIN version. Looking for original 850 dump.

ds2010

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hi all,
The scenario is exactly as the subject says.

So it looks like I have to take the flash rom off and program it outside of the device.
Anyone have a correct rom dump or binary file? Has to be exactly for this model (MiVue850) - Mio or Navman or MiTAC.

The firmware version that was reported via menu before the dashcam got "bricked", is VBR65.58.6222.BA1WD

If anyone has any other idea as to how to get this dashcam back to life - it will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

You've likely asked there already, but for in-depth knowledge of things like this the Russian dashcam forums are usually the best place to go. Few if any of us here go beyond solutions more than using .elf files and re-flashing FW from a card, and simple hardware repairs. But maybe someone here will know what you need.

Phil

You certainly guessed it right, SM - I have indeed. But I estimate my chances as not very high as this particular model isn't very popular there, so the probability of someone's actually having taken the dump of it is fairly low I would guess. However, you never know, and if you don't ask you don't get an answer... Fingers crossed.

Update: found the same model, read the dump and unbricked the dead dashcam. Mission accomplished.
Required removal of both flash chips from their PCBAs tho...

Back