Nb 322GW Cam not recognized by PC

Thanks for the replies!
I crawled under my desk where the tower sits and plugged into the usb port back there and lo and behold the computer sees the camera!
It saw it as drive H: the next drive letter open.
Device manager it sees it as a portable device : NEXTBASE
Hate to hate to have to crawl under the desk getting to old for that!
This is the information in the events tab from the Device Manager. If you can translate it great!
Driver Management concluded the process to install driver wpdfs.inf_amd64_e4ff8019ae5ba00c for Device Instance ID SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_NBDVR322&PROD_GWA-MS#0001&0#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B} with the following status: 0x0.

Now I have to figure out why that is the ports on the back of my Asus MB work and not the front ones!
Will email Nextbase and let them know that I got the camera to at least see the the PC!
Have to read the manuals again to find out why the red recording light is blinking and get the phone and the camera to connect while in the car letting the Better Half drive while I play with the new toy.
Again Thanks fro this side of the pond!
Stay Happy and Healthy
Wallyf

Right, this is one of those situations, not unusual, where the Mobo USB ports work fine but the front USB ports connected to the header don't.

The answer is to get a longer good quality cable and leave it permanently plugged in round the back. I had a very similar situation with a USB 3 external HDD. Would only work when plugged in 'round the back' and, using a better quality cable than the one that came with the WD portable external HDD.

Also, if Win10, what version are you running. The latest 2004 version has a fix to the way external devices are recognised. Previously new devices wern't installed properly and looking in the devices properties, events, showed an error.

Will have to go looking for a longer cable.

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Google says May 2019
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1602, 10/29/2013

Seems like I am learning more about PCs evry time I buy a new toy thought I would get a way from this when I retired!

May 2019 is the older bugged version of Win10 for USB.

April 2020 (2004) has been out for a while now but not installed by default. Check your updates page for the 'feature' update.

I made a list of what M$ reset on this update install and how I changed it back:

"ENG" back in notification area - Fix - Add English US then remove it
Shortcut Arrows back - Fix - reset via Windows Tweaker
Old Win7 games gone - Fix - reinstall from Win 7 tool (Solitaire, Freecell, Mahjong, Chess Titans, Hearts)
Microsoft re-enabled Telemetry and Peer to Peer updates - Fix - Reset via 'ShutUp10' App
File Explorer Quick Access back - Fix - removed via reg hack
Fax reinstalled as a printer - Fix - 'remove'
Double external drives showing in Explorer - Fix - Reg hack (DelegateFolders)
Reactivate screensaver

Fixed:

Printers now showing as Printers and not Unknown Devices, even though they still worked
USB devices now 'migrated' properly so USB3 external drives should be recognised properly.

Back