NBDVR412GW Dash Cam Issue

rbush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above mention dash cam mounted in my car & suddenly the cam has decided to keep turning itself on & off, stating I need to reconnect to power with the picture being fuzzy & flickering. I have the latest version installed (16.2) with a Nextbase 32GB class 10 Micro SD HC fitted. When I connect it to my computer the picture is fine with no flickering & behaves normally. Is my mount on the way out or is there something else wrong?

are you using the included power supply?

Good question.

It is most likely a power issue I think too, but Millie is best placed to confirm that. The cam of course would have been sold with the NB power lead so I expect the OP will say yes.

I wonder if it is hard wired or not?

Good question.

It is most likely a power issue I think too, but Millie is best placed to confirm that. The cam of course would have been sold with the NB power lead so I expect the OP will say yes.

I wonder if it is hard wired or not?
we get people all the time that try reusing a power supply from a previous camera, or wanting to use a built in USB port in the vehicle rather than using the included power supply, and then wondering why they have problems, majority of problems with any camera are memory or power supply related so always worth asking what power supply is being used

Hi rbush,

I'd recommend:

1) Removing the SD card. Press the re-set button on the underside of the Camera. Without inserting the SD card, turn the Camera on. Does the same fault occur? (SD card issue)

2) If you use the power cable plugged directly into the Camera instead of the mount, does the same fault occur? (Mount Issue)

3) If you take it into the house and use a USB cable to power the Camera, does the fault still occur? (Power cabling issue)

Let me know how you get on.

Millie- Nextbase

Hi rbush,

I'd recommend:

1) Removing the SD card. Press the re-set button on the underside of the Camera. Without inserting the SD card, turn the Camera on. Does the same fault occur? (SD card issue)

2) If you use the power cable plugged directly into the Camera instead of the mount, does the same fault occur? (Mount Issue)

3) If you take it into the house and use a USB cable to power the Camera, does the fault still occur? (Power cabling issue)

Let me know how you get on.

Millie- Nextbase
Hi Millie,

To be fair the picture on the screen when mount in the car is more streaky the fuzzy i.e. looks at bit like old fashion interference you would expect to find on a TV screen, but the power still cuts in & out continuously

When the Dash Cam is plugged in to my PC this is directly via USB & without the mount attached & works perfectly i.e. picture & power OK. I will however include the mount with my PC to see if the fault reoccurs

The mount (suction mount) & power supply was bought together as well as it being hardwired into the car

I have removed the SD card formatted it before updating it to the latest version, but haven't pressed the reset button

If the mount requires replacing is there a particular style/product you would recommend as the suction mount always seems to be loose never that tight when stuck to my windscreen

Thank you for your support

Have you tried this test in the car? This will tell us categorically whether it's the mount itself, in which case I'll message you privately regarding a replacement.

'2) If you use the power cable plugged directly into the port on the top of the camera instead of via the mount, does the same fault occur?'

Let me know.

It's my pleasure to help :)

Ironically enough I tried this test last night as follows:

With PC:
With & without mount – no problems incurred

In car:
With & without mount – problem still remains

So this looks like as resounding hardwired kit power cable issue unless you advise otherwise?

I've only had this for about a year so won't be particularly impressed if this is the problem as I also paid Halford's to fit it too!

Have you tried this test in the car? This will tell us categorically whether it's the mount itself, in which case I'll message you privately regarding a replacement.

'2) If you use the power cable plugged directly into the port on the top of the camera instead of via the mount, does the same fault occur?'

Let me know.

It's my pleasure to help :)
Ironically enough I tried this test last night as follows:

With PC:
With & without mount – no problems incurred

In car:
With & without mount – problem still remains

So this looks like as resounding hardwired kit power cable issue unless you advise otherwise?

I've only had this for about a year so won't be particularly impressed if this is the problem as I also paid Halford's to fit it too!

If the issue occurs in both the in-car tests, but when connected to your PC it works perfectly, I would indeed say that this sounds like a powering issue from the Hard Wire Kit rather than any other issue.

If you have had the HWK for under 1 year, please return it to Halfords and they will replace it under warranty. If you've had it for over a year, please private message me with your details and I'll help resolve the issue.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back