ND filter for 90 deg

Hondu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ND filters will fit the 90 deg version with waterproof casing?

I don't think many filters fit action cameras when put in waterproof housing, i think i once saw some red filters for underwater use once, but they went on the outside of the housing.

Even filters that fit the camera without the housing would be ok but which ones? Because mines the 90 deg version I'm not sure if the lens is different etc

@gitup any ideas?

Peau Productions, the action camera specialty house, sells a wide range of filters specifically for action cameras including ND. Perhaps you can find something you could DIY fit to the Git2 or that might even fit without modification?

https://www.peauproductions.com/collections/filters

Last edited:
Bumping this up. Any eBay links for filters to fit the 90deg lens or even waterproof housing. Really need a ND filter asap now

Bumping this up. Any eBay links for filters to fit the 90deg lens or even waterproof housing. Really need a ND filter asap now

As with my Peau Productions post last February, you'll likely need to come up with a DIY solution. There are however many action camera ND filters available on eBay and elsewhere. You can also buy individual sheets of ND material such as theatrical lighting gels or photographic resin plates so you could make your own filters.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=ND+filters+action+cams&_sacat=0

Thanks for the quick replt.
I have read the filters that fit the gopro hero 3/3+ housing will fit the git2p.
Or can I just measure the lens housing and find one with the same diameter.

I would of thought people would have already tried this and can advise.

Personally I don't know. I think if anyone knew the answer they would have replied by now but maybe bumping the thread will bring an answer.

Measuring the housing seems like a good idea but you may have to come up with a way to mount whatever filter you purchase if it isn't immediately compatible. UV cement works well for things like this because it can be removed easily.

Using hero 3+ or Hero 4 case for Git2, you can find many ND filters for this case.

Does the hero 3+ or 4 housing fit the 90 degree git2? I thought the lens was bigger or sonething @gitup

Can you confirm the gopro housing fits the 90deg camera?
No, the 90 degree lens is longer than standard version.

No, the 90 degree lens is longer than standard version.
That's a shame. The housing that comes with the camera is every so slightly to big to fit the square go pro housing lens as well.

I think gitup should have made a set.

So nothing off the shelf :(

That's a shame. The housing that comes with the camera is every so slightly to big to fit the square go pro housing lens as well.

I think gitup should have made a set.

So nothing off the shelf :(
It is very hard to develop different case for different version.
Like for G3 model, we have 4 types case, not easy to manage the production.

It is very hard to develop different case for different version.
Like for G3 model, we have 4 types case, not easy to manage the production.

Yes that makes sense. Do you know of a filter that fits the housing of the 90deg by chance?

Back