Near steep San Francisco road, redlight runner accident

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S

I was making my way onto the roadway after parking at the corner. I was going to gun it and bypass everyone but luckily I didn't. After seeing the video, it looks like I almost mowed down half a dozen pedestrians going around the scene :oops:

This was a few blocks down from when I almost smashed into a car a week ago. Both are on Taylor Street.

Looks like luck is on your side.

That second one is weird. Did the red car have priority over oncoming traffic? If so, how was he supposed to know? (I saw the flashing amber lights from your rear view, but you can't see them from the downhill approach.)

did you share your video with the SUV driver? the camry was clearly at fault, but witnesses aren't always reliable (or available)

I wasn't able to stop because there wasn't a safe place to stop around there. Plus, I just wanted to get the heck away from downtown SF. I tried to get the video to the SUV, but the police never responded. I send the video clip via twitter 2 times asking to forward to the victim. No response.

That second one is weird. Did the red car have priority over oncoming traffic? If so, how was he supposed to know? (I saw the flashing amber lights from your rear view, but you can't see them from the downhill approach.)

No idea how that street works but I think flashing yellow means they need to yield. Cars going uphill always have the right of way on roads and even on narrow hiking paths, people going up have right of way and others need to yield.

Last edited:
Back