Need a 1080p+ dual channel camera with parking mode

Damienc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I've been searching and am trying to find a nice dual channel 1080p (or better) camera set that has a parking mode I can enable if I hardwire to my car. I don't have a budget really, whatever works perfectly for my needs with good day AND night quality is fine with me. Although I would like to stay below $350.

I would rather something discreet without a screen, however something with a screen that I can just turn off is fine also. Also something with safety features isn't necessary.

I've been looking at:

Lukas LK-7950 WD
Thinkware F750
Possibly something from Blackvue?

I'm also looking into a Lukas LK-9750. Just not sure which of these options is the best?

it's the better choice of the brands you have listed

Would you recommend the 9750 or 7950? I'm not sure but I think they're almost the same thing except one has a screen? On the 9750 can you turn the screen off while driving?

Would you recommend the 9750 or 7950? I'm not sure but I think they're almost the same thing except one has a screen? On the 9750 can you turn the screen off while driving?

@Calgary Dash Camera - Robert is the best guy to ask, he knows all the differences between each model

Hello, Well the screen is the biggest difference between the two. If you like the idea of having a screen and wifi, then there is the Lukas LK-9370 or the new QVIA R975 (which also features a newer sony image sensor
The screen on the lukas cameras can be set to turn off after 15 second, or two a screen saver with the time or your speed.

Hello, Well the screen is the biggest difference between the two. If you like the idea of having a screen and wifi, then there is the Lukas LK-9370 or the new QVIA R975 (which also features a newer sony image sensor
The screen on the lukas cameras can be set to turn off after 15 second, or two a screen saver with the time or your speed.

Would you recommend the QVIA over the Lukas LK? Is there any difference between the two other than the sensor?

Are there any comparable quality systems that don't have a screen/are more discreet? That's one of the main selling points (in my book at least) for the blackvue models, since they're so small, though they're not made to as high of a quality as newer cameras appear to be made.

Sadly most dualcamera setups thats worth while from a IQ perspective all seem to be based on a "large" front unit with a little camera on a wire for the rear.
That is a cultural thing as thats how they like it out in the east, where as us western ppl tend to prefer much more stealthy cameras.

The Qvia cameras are new to the marked, but as they are from Lukas i feel pretty good about them.

EDIT: we are lacking tests / comparisons on many of the newer cameras, i can only hope we soon see some of them in the hand of ppl able to compare them against a good camera of the current generation.

I haven't had time to do proper test. Hopefully soon.

The QIVA t790 does have a duel channel version coming out soon. It should be based on the new sony image sensor chip set, and ambarella A12

I have installed 2 x QVIA T790 (front+rear) and I am very happy with it! Excellent quality and discret.

I haven't had time to do proper test. Hopefully soon.

The QIVA t790 does have a duel channel version coming out soon. It should be based on the new sony image sensor chip set, and ambarella A12

Do you have an approximate release date (ie estimated month)?

Last edited:
I'm also trying to decide between the Lukas LK-9370 and the QVIA R975. The differences from what I've read:

QVIA R975 vs Lukas LK-9370

Price: $380 VS $300
Size: 100x101x33.3 VS 130x140x39
Max Memory: 512gb+512gb VS 256gb+256gb
Sensor: new Sony Exmor R VS Sony IMX322
Screen: 4" (800x480) w/PIP VS 3.5" (480x272)

Other additional features: Format free technology, Dual color LEDs

So it comes down to if the upgrades/extra features are worth the extra $80. I'm leaning towards the R975.

Back