Need advice which dashcam to buy.

TommieV

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I've been looking around for a couple of days and there is such a wide range of products.

Some requirements:
*Full HD (overall good quality even at night, maybe with extra lens)
*GPS
*Compact
*Trustable
*All - in -> SD card - at least 16GB, GPS if optional, lenses if optional, a power supply for parking mode
*Shipping to Europe, Belgium
*No heating issues
*English language
Max total price 300USD ( 224 EUR)

Most interesting so far :
LUKAS LK-7900 ACE
(but no idea how big it will turn out and the extra costs for the lens, also no idea on how the battery performs?)

blackvue dr500gw-hd
(not so great reviews for that price)

ps. sorry if my english isn't perfect. If I didn't make myself clear on some subjects, feel free to ask.

TommieV said:
I've been looking around for a couple of days and there is such a wide range of products.

Some requirements:
*GPS
*Compact
*Trustable
*All - in -> SD card - at least 16GB, GPS if optional, lenses if optional, a power supply for parking mode
*No heating issues
*English language

LUKAS LK-7900 ACE
(but no idea how big it will turn out and the extra costs for the lens, also no idea on how the battery performs?)

blackvue dr500gw-hd

ps. sorry if my english isn't perfect. If I didn't make myself clear on some subjects, feel free to ask.

Read through the threads This gets asked EVERY DAY so there is heaps of advice in the threads already posted Read the answers in the threads

They give what is the best in what you have asked as this is the third such request in past few days Basically all good cameras do what you want its up to you to sort out what you want from the answers given..

Best dash cams with no heating issues are those which uses capacitors instead of batteries.
For countries with not big temperature drops / rises battery used dash cams are OK. For countries such as Australia, South America, Africa, Mid-East etc, where temperature issue, -better go with dash cams which using capacitors.
Belgium ( as most EU ) is not known for temperature issues, so you can go with both types.
As per other parameters you requested, - there is a big list of dash cams thats fits your needs, but as I can see from your budget and choices, - you are going in the right direction and I assume you admit rule: what you pay is what you get.

Lukas and Blackvue are probably top well known Korean brands. If you read past 12 month ( any ) forums, you will find Blackvue having overheating issue and it is even in the non-hot countries. And through many generation series ( 300-400-500 series ), - they still did not learned from their mistakes and have not fixed this issue. ( Don''t know about new 2ch 550 range, but due to low bit-rate I would stay away ).

Lukas from your list is probably most promising, - really reliable, good quality product, but ..... - what puts me off buying it, = low bitrate. Bitrate issue was raised to Lukas long time ago ( since first 7900 seires released ), but so long time passed and they still did not do anything to this ?! ( maybe choice of CPU they use in it does not allow to go up with bit-rate rise ? )

If you want to hear my experience, - then from all dash cams I have tested ( I had loads of them and every month trying to buy and review at least 1 new ), - till now Panorama2 from Powerucc has been my best choice ( price vs what you get ) . Of course there might be others out there as good, but I have not had chance to get my hands on them ( they are too much overprices in my opinion).

Best if you take 3-4 hours and read Panorama2 topic. We ( buyers of Panorama2 ) discussed there every possible detail related, with leads to raw video files collection added for others to judge:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1208

Or you can buy meanwhile mid-pricerange good dash camera ( ca. 100 usd wil ldo you a good purchase ) and wait 3-4 month till new generation Ambarella A7 based dash cameras will be released, - they promising to be a next step, but time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I need some information about two cam.
- The first one is this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/141037032973I didn't find any description about the manufacturer, or the product number. It would be grate (for me) according the description.
- The second is the x6000 (like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/130994364158)​

Could anybody give me some details, or any information about these products?

Thnaks.

don't waste your money on either of these, in the current market you'd do much better to avoid any dual cam like this, they're all problematic

don't waste your money on either of these, in the current market you'd do much better to avoid any dual cam like this, they're all problematic
Thanks.

But couldyou tell me, what is the problem(s) with the dual cam products and especially with these two items?

the listed specification is not correct, they offer poor results from the main camera and very poor results from the secondary camera, you could spend your money a lot more wisely than either of these but right now in the current market if you want front and rear cams you're better off with two separate cameras and get decent resolution and quality, no good having poor quality results

Thanks. So you had used these product (which I wrote).
Just one more question, if you don't mind it. What is the real effective resolution of these two items? I just want to know how big is the "lie". :)

maximum (because it's all the hardware can support) is 720p front, 480p rear, they may be less though, I'd be very skeptical of that cheap one, it's not possible to make a decent product and sell it at that price, the first one is overpriced for what it is also, being more expensive could lead to people thinking it must be ok, it's not though, it's still a poor solution, I know the hardware they use, it's not capable of delivering decent results

Real resolution can be REAL 1080p but this alone does not play a role in overall performance if other factors are poor. If you are new to dash cam world, best way to understand it, find yourself about couple hours each day within 1 week to read through the forum threads, then you get to know whats "its" all about.

Also techmoan video might help newbies

I think if people would just make use of the LIKE button we could keep the threads shorter and more on topic.

(Sorry in case there are sometimes words which I write with a capital letter - this is due to my German auto correction in my browser)

Same here i was looking for those requirements of cam,lately in Finland country some people are installing their own CCTV at home which is my reason why i am looking now for a better one.

Some requirements:
*GPS
*Compact
*Trustable
*No heating issues
*English language

LUKAS LK-7900 ACE

blackvue dr500gw-hd

Hello,

You could contact us, we probably can help you. We're not far away from you (The Netherlands) and you could test one of our new Full HD dashcams with the quality and all options you want.
But you can test it for yourself if you like that.

So give us a ring, OK?
Info on our site: http://www.djelectronics.nl/

Back