need an action camera that can use an external mic AND charge via power bank while recording

Gitup Git2. You will need a special cable to separate out the connections but there are some threads on this forum about it if you search.

For the real 4k action camera,it can support the external mic. But some factory will not make it with 3.5mm interface but micro USB.
Since there is no enough space for the 3.5mm interfact.
So only the USB external mic they used can be used on the action camera.

In this day and age, all cameras, from the ones in a phone to action and for that matter camcorders and Dslr cameras they should support BT microphones.
I do not understand why this is not the case yet, you will want as little "stuff" dangling from your camera i would assume, and the camera should also be water or at the least splash proof when used.
As for action cameras the only "openings" i would want in such a camera is : 1. screw in lid on a combined battery and memory card slot ( 18659 battery ) and 2. The lens protector should be replaceable when it get scratched up.
O rings should be large and not the small 0.5 mm ones you some times see.

In this day and age, all cameras, from the ones in a phone to action and for that matter camcorders and Dslr cameras they should support BT microphones.
I do not understand why this is not the case yet,
one issue I have seen with Bluetooth mics is they have some lag so the audio and video sync is poor, if you are editing and going to redo the audio track maybe not an issue, a lot of users only do very simple editing so this is potentially a problem/deal breaker

That would be a problem, and i guess most of what get put up here and there every day are still RAW footage.
If the problem is there and you do edit even if it is a 1 take video, then the fix would be quick and easy

The kind of videos i make you would not really notice a few 1/10 seconds lag in the sound, but if i was to do talking head videos, then it would be a issue as you could see / hear.

I still think action cameras should be as rugged as possible, hence have as few openings where things can go wrong if not used properly, even the screw in lid i purpose will fail if it is not screwed in sufficient, but i feel it is batter than a hinged lid with 1 - 2 latches to secure it.
And even if i do know that by far most of the recordings made with action cameras, well the footage are not related to "action" as such.
Also why i think action cameras could generally be bigger and so have room for a more substantial battery which have always been one of the main complaints about action cameras.

Back