Need an opinion on BlackVue DR900S

that looks like rubbish, but, impossible to judge from a heavily compressed clip, best to upload a full unedited segment

I think it looks perfectly ok... for 4k downscaled to 480p. :D

Directly from my dashcam. That was transferred to my phone memory .. then uploaded to Google Drive.

Last edited:
I have the same issues.
So far it's not what I was expecting. Cannot read registration numbers...
What setting are you on?
Extreme?
Definitely not the same quality as they forced to watch ads... [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Make sure you've not set the dashcam to create 2 video files of each video.
You get the option for it to produce a low quality version of files for quicker upload and cloud viewing.
You may be looking at the low quality version rather than the full 4k version.
It shouldn't produce just the low quality version its own, there should be 2 copies of the same files, high quality and low quality.
If you have no need for the low quality ones - turn that feature off in the camera's settings.

you get the option for it to produce a low quality version of files for quicker upload and cloud viewing

Which is as silly as it get, cuz why "view" something in such a bad image quality you cant see anything smaller than a oncoming truck driving strait into you.

Only one quality apply for dashcams and that's the highest one,,,, and i even like that be be even better than it is now.

Also seeing OP is Canadian, then this time of the year the sun have to be out for you to capture a plate at least at higher speeds like the 80 km/h highway speeds here, at least thats how it is for me in Denmark which are just as far north on the globe as Canada are ( at least the southern parts, Canada do reach much further north than little Denmark )

Last edited:
Which is as silly as it get, cuz why "view" something in such a bad image quality you cant see anything smaller than a oncoming truck driving strait into you.
Because the high quality ones are ginormous and would consume a lot of B/W to upload.
If you want to see everything in high def and glorious colour then use the viewer with the SD card plugged into your computer. :D

I have the same issues.
So far it's not what I was expecting. Cannot read registration numbers...
What setting are you on?
Extreme?
Definitely not the same quality as they forced to watch ads... [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I am on extreme .. but I will be checking my settings later today. I honestly .. almost never look at the videos. But I did yesterday and as you see ... it was terrible.

I do not want to have to pull the SD card as I have bad eyes and have a tough time doing that.

Kevin

When you view the footage with the BlackVue app - it shows you a low quality preview version of the same file.
While playing the video, if you tap in the top right corner and copy to internal memory, it will download the smaller streaming version (the file with have an 'S' at the end of the name).
If you want the full version, don't copy it whilst playing the preview version.
Show the list of videos and long press on the video you want, then choose copy to internal memory.

This will download the FULL quality version.

Has to be a setting, download or hardware I ssue. I live in the same city with the same setup and my videos are fine.

Has to be a setting, download or hardware I ssue. I live in the same city with the same setup and my videos are fine.

Thanks .. we should meet for Timbits. I will check things over in the next while.

Back