Need assistance with LiveView

Noecami

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have brought this issue up with customer service and still the matter persists.
iPhone 11 is able to pair with the 522gw but when I enable live view I keep getting a blank screen.
As long as live view is a blank screen I’m also unable to view recorded clips. The photo which usually is attached on recorded clips is also blank.
I have done all the instructions given whether it be resetting to default, uninstalling and reinstalling software etc..it’s a recent purchase and running current firmware and software.
The mystery, however, all works if I turn on my NordVPN normally locked onto a Canadian server.

Can anyone assist?...thanks

Last edited:
I have this exact same problem. But no VPN.... I use an Iphone 11, Live view gives me a blank screen - can't view recorded clips etc. All identical to your issue. And yes, i do have the correct SD card - speed is U3 and its not a fake card etc.

I think I have to return this camera to Best Buy.

I can verify you are 100 percent correct. When I turned on ExpressVPN the video and downloads etc. works !!! What the heck.....

Perhaps Nextbase will correct the issue with next update.
Another issue is the unit continually pinging as it tries to stay connected with the phone.
My cure for that annoying ping is to turn of WIFI when I’m driving knowing that I am sacrificing the SOS feature.
Otherwise, with disengaged features it works very well capturing the timed videos.

Back