Need dashcam with these 3 bizarre criteria.

GoodEnough

Reaction score
Country
United States
#1) Any brand but Viofo.
I just tossed my Viofo in the garbage since it did not come with a battery and could not keep a timestamp.

#2) I've already hardwired my Viofo, and want to keep the old configuration.
This means, the old kind of USB conector (Mini-USB)
31-ICLbh60L._SY355_.jpg

#3) Needs to be able to hook to rearview mirror via ball socket. (I hate suction cups)
mirror_mount_1_grande.jpg

How about a WR1?

No Viofo.
Boycotting that brand.
Atrocious quality control.

why boycotting them?

everyone has a reason, i guess. there are certain brands i’ve had a terrible experience with, too and i write them off permanently and it’s probably unreasonable but that’s my own issue. having said that, the 3X A119 cameras that i do have are the best car cams i’ve ever had. :)

Yeah every one can make a dud, the main challenge is how they handle that with the customer.
My friend are a expert of writing himself out of things, for instance the only phone he will ever carry is a Nokia, and its not like he have ever tried much else, or had bad experiences with something else.
I too have the same, even with things i ever owned like a fruit company product, or the google products i do have but dislike just as much, them just being my poison of choice.
But you have to be careful on that path, you can end up cheating yourself out of something.

It is however good to react when you have a bad experience, but if the one you reach against dont know then really its at least in a global perspective a futile exercise.

Mini USB are pretty much the norm for 5V cameras, so there you are good.
The mirror mount on the other hand, and its much used but not really standardized connector to camera, well thats another ballgame, you should consider stick on cameras, its not that bad and any left over glue after removal are not 100 % permanent so it can most often be removed with a little work.

Suction cup i agree on, would never use that for anything permanent.

Last edited:
Back