Need dashcams( Not so expensive) for my 2020 Santa Fe

smithdean

Reaction score
Country
United States
How are you guys doing? Hope you are all doing fine. I used to have an old Camry that had anker roav dashcam. Bought on amazon and installed at Best Buy . Loved it for its compact size Portability and WiFi capability. I used to remove it when I park cos it gets too hot in hot summer temperature and it is not capacitor. Anyway I sold that car. I now have a new 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe. And I am looking for rear and or front dashcam for my new car. I do have a same extra new anker roav dashcam . Not so sure if I will use that on the front but if I use it I will use it in the front so I can remove it easily . I do need one in the back and prefer a budget capacitor that is small compact with WiFi capability dashcam for the back. If you can also suggest similar one for the front too. I am not DIY so hopefully that Best Buy will install then for me when I purchase them and receive them. I am in Illinois. So please recommend me a compact , WiFi capability, easy to remove and not so expensive dashcam for the front and back of my santafe . Thank you

Last edited:

Dashcammad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You could look at Azdome, they do a camera that is £30 in the UK. It is a1080p super capactor and runs through a usb 5v supply (12v cigarette socket converter to 5v supplied). It is intended as a front camera, the 12 to 5v converter has two usb slots and the camera comes with a suction and sticky mount, also two electrostat sheets if you don't want to stick it direct to the glass. The supllied cable would be too short to fit at the rear unless you have a12v socket in the trunk.

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
You could look at Azdome, they do a camera that is £30 in the UK. It is a1080p super capactor and runs through a usb 5v supply (12v cigarette socket converter to 5v supplied). It is intended as a front camera, the 12 to 5v converter has two usb slots and the camera comes with a suction and sticky mount, also two electrostat sheets if you don't want to stick it direct to the glass. The supllied cable would be too short to fit at the rear unless you have a12v socket in the trunk.
Unless it does better than the one in the 2nd half of this clip: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...y-on-a-pedestrian-crosswalk.42323/post-510143

...then I recommend taking a look at: https://dashcamtalk.com/best-dash-cams-of-2020/ !

OP
smithdean

smithdean

Reaction score
Country
United States
How is this one Viofo A129 Duo ? can i remove the rear cam and view footage via the wifi and same thing on the front?

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
How is this one Viofo A129 Duo ? can i remove the rear cam and view footage via the wifi and same thing on the front?
That is a good camera.

Not sure I understand your second question. It can be used without the rear camera. If the rear camera is plugged in then it sends the rear video to the front camera. The front camera does all the recording onto 1 microSD card, and also has a wifi connection which includes a live view of both front and rear, plus viewing of recorded video from both front and rear.

OP
smithdean

smithdean

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is a good camera.

Not sure I understand your second question. It can be used without the rear camera. If the rear camera is plugged in then it sends the rear video to the front camera. The front camera does all the recording onto 1 microSD card, and also has a wifi connection which includes a live view of both front and rear, plus viewing of recorded video from both front and rear.
What if i am hit from behind and want to view footage from the rear cam? I can remove the cam and view the footage? There are few sellers on amazon and i am in US, all with same warranty? I wish there was a deal

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
You can remove the front cam and plug it into your computer (what I normally do), or remove the memory card and use a card reader on the computer or iPhone, or use the wifi and phone app, or a USB OTG cable to plug it into an android phone or tablet. It is also possible to play recordings on the camera itself, but the screen is a bit small for seeing any detail.

You might find that one of the USA dealers has a forum discount... maybe @CaptureYourAction ?
You would get good service then.

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD, Dome Technologies, VicoVation, Viofo, GitUp
Individual discounts on Amazon aren't easy/convenient for sellers. Plus they charge hefty fees. If you purchase direct from our website, we can certainly offer a discount as a forum member. Send me a private message if you are interested and need our website address. We provide a one year warranty on all new Viofo dash cameras and are an authorized Viofo dealer.

OP
smithdean

smithdean

Reaction score
Country
United States
WIll the warranty on my Hyundai car be VOID if I have dashcam installed, hardwired? I am not DIY and will have to go to bestbuy store to install but if the dashcam is not hardwired, it will just be dangling and looking ugly right?

HonestReview

Reaction score
Country
United States
WIll the warranty on my Hyundai car be VOID if I have dashcam installed, hardwired? I am not DIY and will have to go to bestbuy store to install but if the dashcam is not hardwired, it will just be dangling and looking ugly right?
DIY install isn't that hard. There's a learning curve, but trust me, it can be done. I'm a tech person but NOT a car person, and was able to successfully do things. We can guide you through the process. I'll link you to a good tutoral (UK so fusebox probably on opposite side). If you have a newer cars, the pillars must be removed, and the wire tucked behind the side curtains so as not to obstruct their deployment. You could then run the cord through the floor up to the back window or headliner.

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-dash-cam-install/

Far as Hyundai caring, let's just say with any third party modification, dealers will generally absolve themselves of any and all responsibility related to the item. So it is imperative to have the fuse selection and hardwire done properly. Meaning absolutely never under any circumstances tie into a fuse attached to a safety system (ABS Brakes, Airbags, etc etc). And it is best to avoid all fuses tied to electronics. Simply put find the most BENIGN fuse that's always on (Battery) when car is shut off - I.E. Power Seats if nothing else uses that fuse. And then for accessory the same logic. Say 12V socket, Heated Seats, etc so long as NOTHING critical is tied to that fuse.

Simply put, it will not void your warranty, but it will give dealer the option of blaming your device for negating a repair. I.E Your infotainment system randomly reboots. Well, you might have something wired wrong that interferes with our electronics. Yes, it's a possibility, but doesn't mean that's the issue.

Picking the wrong fuse (I had this issue as a fuse didn't mention it was tied into another system in manual) caused some wonky behavior with Dash Camera or Vehicle Systems. Apparently, modern cars use Canbus so other systems can be tied together. Again, why you definitely want to avoid safety systems and electronics. As any problems that arise from a 3rd party item like a Dash Camera will most likely result in a dealer blaming your equipment. Whether it is the cause or not the cause of an issue.