Need focal length and sensor size Mobius 1 camera.

that's because the values are coded in, the odds of all 4 lenses having the exact same f/ and BFL spec are slim anyway I would think

that aside though I wasn't trying to suggest Mobius are doing anything wrong, this was a point I was trying to make previously about these values, as a consumer there's no way to know if the values are accurate and if they became something that was deemed useful for consumers to judge one camera against another you'd find a great majority of cameras touting figures that were deemed popular or market worthy, they can quite easily change these values in the firmware to read anything they like, accuracy wouldn't come into it, we see exactly the same thing already with lenses, so many are promoted at 170° FOV because that's seen to be as something consumers are looking for (bigger numbers are better, right?), I don't recall seeing any camera that actually had a FOV that wide yet we see it advertised constantly

for consumers it sucks to not have equal metrics on which to start sifting through available options but they have no way to know if the figures are accurate, they can't measure these themselves and even even if they could average Joe has no idea what they mean anyway

at the end of the day there is one thing that can't be faked and that's the end result, only once you see what the product does can you decide if it meets your needs or not, it's unfortunate that even this process is marred at times as some sellers resort to samples that are not representative of the actual product, even some big brands have been caught out with this, promoting products with samples created with different hardware or tweaked firmware which didn't match what consumers were buying, doesn't take too long before this gets found out but some early adopters still get shortchanged in the process

Yes, the data only applies to the original "A" lens. One could argue that the developer should have updated the data with each lens module iteration but why would they? It would involve a lot of time and energy with little or nothing to gain for the customer base as a whole, except for the geeks. But this is the Mobius and the same rules don't necessarily apply to the average dash or action camera.

It's Friday evening here in my time zone so I'm gonna get down with my homies but I will follow up on your post more fully at another time, probably tomorrow. I certainly have more to say in reply to your perspective here.

Last edited:
Yes, the data only applies to the original "A" lens..

but does it, or is it it a default value that was there already, no way to know, not suggesting they've done anything wrong as they may see no need to change it, they may have also decided leaving a default or different value was in their best interests, keep in mind they went to the trouble of erasing the version number off the back of the chipset and made all sorts of claims about what hardware they were using at the time which I don't believe was any attempt to mislead buyers but rather to put competitors off the scent as it were, keeping in mind the same hardware is available to others and you go back to time of release and they were ahead of the game compared to what others were achieving with the same hardware so where is their competitive edge, for sure their firmware, and undoubtedly their lens

anyway I'm done talking about it, too much has been misunderstood already, it's a minefield out there for buyers, end results are what they should be looking at and buy what each deems acceptable/appropriate for their needs

Do you know Mobius Maxi sensor name? Is it different from Mobius 1? I see Maxi has 2700x1500 resolution. What 1/x and what sensor name?

It's a different sensor. I think the info you want is in one of the threads on the Maxi- I'll post it here if I happen across it. @Dashmellow or @TonyM might know these answers.

Phil

As far as I can tell, the Maxi sensor is 1/3", same size as the Mobius 1.
I don't know what it is though.

Last edited:
I have seen that Mobius 1 is AR0330. Hard to believe they used the same, old sensor in Maxi.
But when I look at the recorded footage it might be true. Grainy stuff, weak in low light.

It's not the "same" sensor even if it's the same size.

I don't actually know the precise size either though, but that's Mobius for you. A "technically" oriented enthusiast's camera where the company won't reveal the specs or interact directly with their customers except through carefully chosen intermediaries to whom only certain details are parsed out.

Thanks for the assistance guys (y)(y)Based on it's low-light performance I'm pretty certain it's not the AR0330.

Phil

Back