Need for night to capture perfect driving

RANDOM

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I've done so research but would like an opinion from some knowledgeable individuals.

After some recent unwarranted stops by the highway police and inappropriate innuendo on their end, I need a camera.

-Good night quality is a must, it's mostly interstate with no street lights.
-I want to capture how my driving is, ie: perfectly maintaining my lane. :rolleyes:
-Sound would be nice too but I can always use a phone for that.

-Max $300 but flexible once I buy all the accessories.

I was looking at the Panorama G.
Also, what size SD card do you prefer?

Thanks!

Do not forget to also install a side facing camera.

You want to capture the cops actions and words when they are outside your door.

Did you see this dash cam comparison yet? --> https://dashcamtalk.com/

well most dashcams struggle at night, but you will be able to get footage that will be proof that you did not speed ( if cam with GPS ) - and a good camera will allso proof if you are swerving in your lane and doing erratic lane changes - should allso tell if you are tailgating any one.
This offcourse best if you have decent line markings on the highway, these a good dashcam will pick up with no problem.

The panorama G should be able to capture at least this good footage on a pitch black highway.

I think 32 Gb is okay, but you might as well just go for a 64 Gb one. The Panorama G even support larger ones if you feeel like it.
As for a side facing camera i would go for a mobius or the C3 with capsaitor and the 90 deg lens to get a good capture of the suspect officer, you will proberly have to turn on the cabin light on for the side camera to be able to capture the face as he lean over, you might allso want to have the camera low and film up and out of the door window ( in case he dont lean over that far )

The latest Panorama G firmware 1.01.02 (just came out last week) improves night time a bit more, and now has native exFAT support. (meaning you can format 128GB/256GB cards inside the camera, easy breezy ready to go)

Back