Need help deciding on what to buy

twok

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

I've been looking for a good dash cam for a few weeks now, but am having a lot of trouble in seeding through the options. My budget is around $120, and I'm mainly looking for reliability, durability (in heat, I live in the desert and it can get pretty hot in the car), parking mode, some discreetness, and a touch screen. A GPS would be nice, but isn't completely necessary. I've narrowed it down to these cameras so far:

That's pretty much it. If you have any better suggestions, please let me know; I'm open to anything.

Oh, and if it helps, I'll be using the camera in a VW Golf.

Last edited:
G90S will have the best video of the ones you've mentioned, comparing local purchase to buying out of China isn't a fair comparison though, @CalgaryDashCam are very service focused so while buying out of China can look like a bargain it doesn't always pan out

G90S will have the best video of the ones you've mentioned, comparing local purchase to buying out of China isn't a fair comparison though, @CalgaryDashCam are very service focused so while buying out of China can look like a bargain it doesn't always pan out

Thanks for the quick reply! I've heard a lot of good about their customer service, and the camera looks good. Do you think the battery would be ok in NV heat?

capacitor models are preferred, even you highlighted a couple of capacitor models you'll find the lenses they use are not ideal for your climate anyway, appreciate that you are working within a budget though

capacitor models are preferred, even you highlighted a couple of capacitor models you'll find the lenses they use are not ideal for your climate anyway, appreciate that you are working within a budget though

Alright, I think I'll be going with the G90s. Thank you very much for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally We haven't had any issues with the G90S in heat, however we defiantly don't have the same climate that you do down there lol.
The only problem we have encountered with the G90S is the mounts are pretty cheep and have failed more then we would have liked.
Therefor we are selling our remaining stock, and don't plan to continue carrying the model once we sell out.

The Panorama II or the SG9665GC would be my best suggestions if you could fit them into your budget, just because they are well known for their heat resistance.

If you do purchase a G90S through us, feel free to use this promo code for free USA shipping X9D3ZMNQ7NAQ
We also include a free return shipping label if anything does happen, and because of the mount problem we can throw a free extra mount in as well.

Personally We haven't had any issues with the G90S in heat, however we defiantly don't have the same climate that you do down there lol.
The only problem we have encountered with the G90S is the mounts are pretty cheep and have failed more then we would have liked.
Therefor we are selling our remaining stock, and don't plan to continue carrying the model once we sell out.

The Panorama II or the SG9665GC would be my best suggestions if you could fit them into your budget, just because they are well known for their heat resistance.

If you do purchase a G90S through us, feel free to use this promo code for free USA shipping X9D3ZMNQ7NAQ
We also include a free return shipping label if anything does happen, and because of the mount problem we can throw a free extra mount in as well.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll still end up getting the G90, as I'd like to get a 32GB MicroSD with it as well. Thank you very much for the response, I'll definitely be buying through your website. May I ask what the Continuous Power Hardwire kit bundle is?

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll still end up getting the G90, as I'd like to get a 32GB MicroSD with it as well. Thank you very much for the response, I'll definitely be buying through your website. May I ask what the Continuous Power Hardwire kit bundle is?

Oh no problem, this is what we are here for!

The Continuous Power Hardwire Bundle includes the stock cigarette plug, and a hardwire kit (http://www.calgarydashcam.com/shop#...wire-Kit-Mini-USB/p/38700214/category=8458280) that allows you to hardwire your G90S into your fuse box. This also includes a fuse tap, which makes it quite simple and safe to hardwire into your VW Gulf.

Back