Need help deciding

Zach93

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to dash cams, but I have lots of audio/visual experience. I was looking at first for a system that has separate cameras from the dvr that I can hide on my truck, with one in the cab on the windshield and one in place like a rear view backup camera under the tailgate. The rear wouldn't have to be high quality as the state I live in doesn't have front license plates anyways.

After searching I see there are not many options for separate dvr systems, which seems like a lot better design. I would be fine with a system with a built in cam on the windshield behind the rear view mirror but I would want an external wired rear camera input, as well as an av out not a built in screen on the windshield unit.

Any suggestions, I am fine with piecing together a system if anyone knows of a good automotive dvr system with 2 camera inputs and an av out, GPS would be a nice addition as well.

Hi Zach93,

Unfortunately there are very few options with good video quality that meet your needs. Dual cameras and mobile DVRs typically have average at best video quality. The external camera is unique as well. I don't see many of those advertised. Your best bet is to research mobile DVRs that can accept a wide variety of cameras. That would be the closest to your needs but video quality would be SD (480p).

Back