Need help. GPS don't work anymore

whatabum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All,

I am using the custom firmware for a while now. Suddenly, today after a hot 86 degree weather. I noticed my blue GPS light doesn't work anymore. I saved the video to my phone and used the blackvue 3 player and it can't detect where I am. The MPH shows ----. I think my GPS might have been broken. I've re-upgraded the firmware and still the same thing. Should I revert back to the regular firmware and give that a try? if so, where can I get the original firmware? thanks all in advance.

This is discussed in this thread. I think the only way to fix this issue is to send the unit back to the supplier for a 1-1 replacement. You should contact your supplier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! do you also know where I can find the original firmware so I can reflash it back to stock?

Thank you. I heard from MiO that If we upgrade to 1.005E. We'll get a brick dashcam.

whatabum said:
Thank you. I heard from MiO that If we upgrade to 1.005E. We'll get a brick dashcam.

I've never heard a word "brick dashcam", what does it mean ? Please translate into human language.

Avenger1 said:
whatabum said:

I've never heard a word "brick dashcam", what does it mean ? Please translate into human language.

it's common terminology these days, what is meant when someone says you'll 'brick' a device is to render it useless, like you do a firmware update and it goes wrong and it no longer functions it's as useful as a brick

Understood. that's explaining all , thanks.

Avenger1 said:
Understood. that's explaining all , thanks.

no problem, I understand this forum has a very wide user base and not everyone has English as their first language so some sayings could seem quite unusual I'm sure

Back