Need Help in Deciding what Panorama to get?

What Gps unit should I get?

• Panorama S 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Toyotaisme

Reaction score
Country
United States
I been looking at these two cameras and can not decide. Is having GPS important? this is my first dash cam. I just found out the the Panorama S does not support mph only kph.

I Got this from Pier 28

Hello,
difference between the Panorama S and Panorama G:

Very similar Same Zoran CPU, same 2015 Sony Exmor 322 Sensor & video quality, same matte black housing shell

S =
-resistive touch screen (push in)
-U Bracket mount system (hard to take apart/install with bolt/nut but extra stable) 3rd Party Ball Socket Option
-best GPS signal (since it's external and further away) limited to KPH

G =
-capacitive touch screen (like a smart phone/tablet response)
-T Bracket mount system (easier to install and still stable)
-good GPS signal (GPS built in at the top)
G is also part of Street Guardian which means even better support and extra accessories and firmware features. You now get both MPH in addition to KPH, 15Mbs, and Day Light Savings corrected Auto Time/Date setting. It also comes with 4 brackets, USB/OTG android memory reader, microfiber bag, video cable and more (see photo spread)

Paronama S

or

Street Guardian SGZC12SG - Panorama G (GPS)

thank you for your input!

Last edited by a moderator:
What country are you in (sorry I'm on Tapatalk so it doesn't say) - if you're in a country with MPH then the G is a simple decision.

Otherwise if you're on KPH the S comes into play - they're very similar indeed. I'd assumed the S IMX322 was 15Mbps anyway - not sure if that's the case now though?

If you're already looking at Panorama's what about the X1 / X2?

There are some bugs that need sorting with the X2 software but picture quality wise it is the best of the lot so far IMHO.

Oh hi, we just traded emails happy to help you here as well

If you decide GPS is not for you the SGZC12RC (Panorama X1) is a good choice as well. The G is more flexible to aim on the fly if needed though. G can also be taken with you for rental cars etc.

If you want GPS you'll enjoy playing videos back via http://registratorviewer.com or http://dashcamviewer.com

@reverend
Yes the newer S firmware is now 15Mbps (was 12)

I've got to admit I do like that extra width the G & S lenses give you - I'm going to put my two Gs in the folks car this weekend I think - it's an estate so a Mobius may work better in the back.

I Just Looked at the x1 that one's got my attention too, i'm in the US. Mpg

thank you for the input

As a main purpose of dashcam: to record videos, - all 3 do same job ( Pano S, G, X1 ). Questions comes to form-factor only.
Mph, Kmh, GPS - those are secondary things. If you take S with Kmh only, then kmh can be converted to mph via special PCviewer software. GPS logger is only good for showing your route, which I do believe in 99% you know yourself. Speed can be calculated even without gps logger, but it's a good option if you wish to have it. So it's more up to your individual preferences. As per video quality, all 3 do same job as mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. I ended up getting the Panorama S 2015. So far so good Great quality video and it's hides pretty well.

Pier28 Fast Shipping :)

Attachments

• IMG_9807.jpg
    IMG_9807.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9808.jpg
    IMG_9808.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 28
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 28
Thank you for your help. I ended up getting the Panorama S 2015. So far so good Great quality video and it's hides pretty well.

Pier28 Fast Shipping :)
Nice install.
If you want to experimenting next time, try attaching to RVmirror rain sensor cover to see how it looks there.

Back