Need Help installing/troubleshooting the Rear view mirror Dashcam (wolfbox)

verit123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently bought a car Honda Civic Type S 1.4 and also bought this dashcam that replaces the rearview mirror. After watching loads of videos I thought I would give it a crack. So firstly my hardwire kit has a constant fuse wire and an acc wire.
Using a multimeter I was able to determine which fuses give constant power and which direction to place the fuse. I also found a few that give 12v only when turned on for the acc however, it is a bit harder to find which direction the 12v is coming from as the space is really tight and my multimeter prongs barely fit inside but I think I know which direction it goes.

The problem I have is that the dashcam won't turn on at all, I have tested it with the cigarette lighter and it works.
So I have a few questions hoping someone can help me.

1) Am I correct in thinking that the dashcam should be able to turn on without the acc fuse and can be turned on when just the constant fuse and ground are connected?
or does everything need to be connected to turn on?

2) My hardwire kit on the constant fuse has a fuse tap end that allows you to add the fuse that I might have taken out, but the acc wire does not have this and I would have to remove one fuse to allow the acc wire to tap into the battery.
How does this affect the function? If I replace one fuse with the acc wire will that particular function for that fuse stop working
Do I need to have a different hardwire kit that allows two fuses to sit in one as all the space in the fuse compartment is used up

Back