Need help mounting rear dash cam with power rear window sunshade

yufamily0168

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, I am new here to your forum. I have a 2020 Nissan Maxima Platinum. It has this power rear window sunshade; so I cannot mount the rear dash cam directly on the rear window. I was wondering if anyone has this car found some better way to mount it. I would love to see some pictures or ideas of how it is done.

I am currently using the Vantrue N4 without the rear cam installed, and I have the Viofo A139 on order and it should be delivered sometime this week to install on this car.

shadeup.jpgshadedown.jpg

Attachments

• shadeup.jpg
    shadeup.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi, I am new here to your forum. I have a 2020 Nissan Maxima Platinum. It has this power rear window sunshade; so I cannot mount the rear dash cam directly on the rear window. I was wondering if anyone has this car found some better way to mount it. I would love to see some pictures or ideas of how it is done.

I am currently using the Vantrue N4 without the rear cam installed, and I have the Viofo A139 on order and it should be delivered sometime this week to install on this car.

View attachment 55709View attachment 55710
How much gap do you actually have at the top of the glass between the top of the shade and the boot lid?
It looks like the rear window angle is quite steep so its difficult to tell in your pic if there's actually a good portion of glass that is hidden.

The reason I ask is because in my car, it has a steep back window and the A139 rear cam is mounted at the top, looking from inside it is actually not visible as there is that much glass out of view at the top.

How much gap do you actually have at the top of the glass between the top of the shade and the boot lid?
It looks like the rear window angle is quite steep so its difficult to tell in your pic if there's actually a good portion of glass that is hidden.

The reason I ask is because in my car, it has a steep back window and the A139 rear cam is mounted at the top, looking from inside it is actually not visible as there is that much glass out of view at the top.
Mine this one reaches pretty much to the top. My rear N4 will hit it. I do not have the A139 yet, but I believed the A139 is not any better either.

I think I will try to bend a 2" wide by 3" long acrylic and 3M on one side as close to the top window and mount the rear cam to the other side. Let's see how much vibration to the recording the mount induced.

Back