Need help on deciding on dash cam

wilazn

Reaction score
Hello everyone. In the past I had a Blackvue dr550 in my old car. I didn't do much research and wasn't happy with the video quality. Recently got a new car and I'm looking for a dash cam with the following criteria:

Great video quality night and day
Parking mode with some sort of g-sensor
Dual f/r cameras
No lcd view screen

So far from doing research on here and Google, I'm leaning towards the Lukas LK-7950 WD which fits my criteria. But I've read some cons on it and I don't know. Would love some input from the pros. Also budget is not an issue. Also I have 5% tints on my rear window and 35% on my front so that might effect the video quality.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Welcome to forum !

Thre are no daschams yet without any cons. Overall Lukas brand has good reputation. You may also check Thinkware series.

Yea I was looking at Thinkware F770 also after this post.

Between the Lukas LK-7950 WD and the Thinkware F770, which one would be better?

Yea I was looking at Thinkware F770 also after this post.

Between the Lukas LK-7950 WD and the Thinkware F770, which one would be better?

I don't remember any dashcamtalk forum member who would have both model to give you exact answer @ "which would be better".
Overall from quality built, functions, performance point of view I would say they are more-less equal. Both have they pros and cons.
Of course Lukas has one big advantage of total 512GB storage ( 256 + 256GB ) vs F770 official 64Gb ( unofficial 128GB ). Thikware on the other hand is more stealthier when mounted ( smaller footprint ) and has "super night vision ONLY while parked at night. So I guess it comes to personal preferences.

Yea the large size of the Lukas is a con for me.

Can anyone recommend some vendors in USA to buy the Thinkware F770 with backup camera and hardwire kit?

I also had blackvue 650 and didnt like the video quality and also malfunctioned after few days of hot weather so I went with finevu cr2000 omega. im really happy with both video quality and reliability so far. I also have 5% tint on my back window so dont expect any useful footage during night. I would recommend finevu if you dont mind touch screen.

Back